August 12, 2012

Mini Review: For the Love of a Vampire: Blood like Poison by M. Leighton



Title: For the Love of a Vampire: Blood Like Poison

Author: M. Leighton


Amazon...
Like most seventeen year olds, Ridley Heller thought she had her future all planned out. What she wanted most in life was to get out of small town Harker. Her only goal was to keep her mouth shut and her grades high so she could win a cheerleading scholarship to Stanford. But that was before she met Bo. 


In Ridley’s wildest dreams, she could never have planned for someone like Bo, for a love so intense it left her breathless. No human girl could.



A haunting stranger that watched her from afar, Bo stole Ridley’s heart from the moment she laid eyes on him. But he has secrets. Bo’s a vampire. Both his past and his present are a danger to Ridley, but the biggest threat is not her blood; it’s her heart. He’s feeding a thirst for revenge that will cost him his life, and it may already be too late. 



The more darkness Ridley uncovers, the more she realizes that her life will never be the same—with or without Bo. Can she sacrifice her future and her heart for someone who has a death wish? 





My Mini Take...
I picked up For the Love of a Vampire: Blood Like Poison because it happened to be free on Amazon and I have a kindle app on my phone. Not to mention that M. Leighton is a pretty fabulous person. But up until this moment, I had yet to read anything thing by her. And the minute I dived into this book I knew I would have to read more of her stuff. I mean for goodness sake...she referenced Keith Stone and Damon Salvatore in the same stinkin sentence. Yep, a woman after my own heart.

This vampire story was different than the others I have read and had a few twists to keep you interested throughout the book. For the Love of a Vampire: Blood Like Poison was a quick read and the fact it had some forbidden romance was an added plus! I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Bo and Ridley in the other 2 books of the series. And as far as I know...it's still free on Amazon and Barnes & Noble So go get your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment