October 2, 2012

Review: Perchance by Lila Felix



Title: Perchance

Author: Lila Felix

Source: eARC from author for review


Amazon   goodreads 

goodreads...
Remi Harris has a plan. Graduate high school, go to college, become a history teacher, be self-sufficient unlike her mother who is a struggling single mom. And the word ‘boy’ has no place in her plan.
Cooper Neal has been sent to his estranged father’s house to spend his Senior year getting to know him. And maybe, just maybe, there will be some cute girls in the small town.
Cooper sees Remi and he falls hard. Remi sees Cooper and wonders if she can do both. The question is; will he ruin her plans, or will she let him be a part of them?

My take...
Remi's mother has always instilled in her that you cannot trust men. You have to make something of yourself and never fall in love. Men are not worth the effort and will only leave you high and dry. And Remi has fully believed every word her mother spoke up until she moved to Southern Louisiana. Up until she met Cooper.

Cooper is sent to live with a man he has never known…a man that left his mother to raise a small child all by herself. Cooper will be nice, his mother raised him that way, but he will never call him dad. Living in St. Francisville is only temporary and he doesn't have to like it. That is until he lays eyes on Remi and he instantly falls in love. Hey, maybe Southern Louisiana isn’t so bad after all.

Both Remi and Cooper have plans to just get through their senior year of high school. Only thing is Remi feels she has to complete high school so she doesn't follow in her mother's footsteps. But what happens when she realizes she is falling for Cooper in the meantime? Will she get her happily ever after? Or will things get to be too much, too soon?

I was so excited to hear that Lila had another book coming out so close on the heels of Emerge. I thought Emerge was really good but once I cracked open Perchance I was even more in love with her story telling. This is one author who knows what a reader wants when it comes to romance. I inhaled it and was smitten like a kitten at the end.

The buildup of the relationship between Remi and Cooper was just too sweet and too beautiful. Was it perfect? Absolutely not. But they grew and learned from each other. Both of them have flaws, one more than the other. And those flaws are what made them so likeable and believable to the reader. You want to be able to relate with the characters you read in some way or another and Lila pegged it.

And don’t you just love the title and the cover of the story? Both are perfection. The definition of perchance is by some chance; perhaps. And that right there folks tells the whole story. Or does it? Maybe it wasn't chance that brought these two souls together. Maybe it was fate. You go read the story and then let me know what you think, ok? 

One of my fav scenes...
"Are you asking me out Cooper Neal?" I said. Was it just me or was he getting closer? I could smell the Juicy Fruit gum in his mouth. 
"Not yet." He smiled and took off towards the parking lot.
I barely got a hold of myself before I groaned. "I'm gonna kill him."

No comments:

Post a Comment