February 20, 2013

A Week with a #BreathlessReads Author & Give@way: Jessica Spotswood



(picture found on author's goodreads page)

Today we have the oh so adorable Jessica Spotswood. Her book BORN WICKED is out and we are patiently awaiting the sequel, STAR CURSED. 

*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
I'd probably be a literary manager working with playwrights to develop new work!

*5 years ago...what were you doing?
Being an admin assistant for a university press and starting to write my first novel-which got an agent but wasn't published. 

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
I'm a night owl- I write from 10pm until 2 or 3am!

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
It's always hard when readers don't like Cate and Finn because they're like my children! It stings a bit.

*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it?
Yes! Kristin Cashore! I love her!

*Is there an author you'd like to meet? 
Franny Billingsley-CHIME is one of my all-time favorites-such a gorgeous  haunting, memorable book!

*Do you read other's reviews of your books?
Yes! I find it super interesting!

Fun Five:
Fav Color: pink

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with: Po from Graceling

Fav Food: sugar cookies

Fav Song and/or singer: Florance + the Machine "Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up)

Guilty Pleasure: The Vampire Diaries tv show

Get in touch with Jessica here...


See what Beth Revis had to say HERE
and Fiona Paul HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment