February 4, 2013

Review: FIRE by Terra Harmony



Title: FIRE

Author: Terra Harmony

Source: ebook from author for review


ADULT read

Read my review of book one, WATER HERE

And book two, AIR HERE



My review will contain spoilers if you have not read book two, AIR


goodreads...
Elemental magic is a weapon of power, on both sides of the war.
The Seven has another leader, Kaitlyn is a new mother, and everyone is busy building their armies. During one battle, the secret to Akasha is discovered, and the race to master it is on. With all eyes on the prize, what matters most gets left behind. It is up to Kaitlyn to preserve the planet in the wake of the pure destructive power of Akasha, and the humans who wield it.

My take...
I was super excited to read FIRE after loving the first 2 books of the series, WATER and AIR. But actually I was a little disappointed in it. There just wasn’t much going on compared to the first 2 books which seemed packed full of twists and turns. And for the life of me I couldn't remember why Kaitlyn was hiding her baby from Micah in the first place. Shawn I understood...dude is so messed up in the head. And there was no telling what he would do to her and the baby, a baby that could quite possibly be his.

I just wasn't very impressed with Kaitlyn in this story at all. She was very hot and cold to everyone and in the end it all got a little old. I like Micah and even though he is in the story, I didn’t connect well with him. It was like he was there, but wasn’t. He just wasn't his normal, neanderthal self I have came to know and love. I don’t know… I just didn’t feel a spark with the book or the characters much at all. Now I did enjoy Shawn’s parts. Ridiculous I know. But I thought there was something there and I like how all his scenes played out. I guess because I knew nothing good would come from it. He is a sick, twisted person…but he is a great character none the less.

What I loved about this book and the other 2 as well, is that Harmony is a fabulous writer. I have said this before but Harmony isn't afraid to push the envelope when it comes to sensitive matters. She gives it her all…even adding the gritty stuff. And you can tell that when she writes, she doesn’t just throw something together. She knows her stuff and it shows in the creative story she produces. Her books are different than anything out there. And that is what will keep me coming back with her future work. I am a huge fan of her work, but this one just fell a little bit short of the other two.

So even though I wasn’t mad about this book in the series I still need to know what will happen to everyone…even down to Shawn. I look forward to EARTH and everything the author has planned for the series. Reading the little snippet of EARTH at the end of the book had me thinking about the tv show REVOLUTION in a way. *eeep* This is a must read series! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this series so much, it is simply amazing. I am really excited to read Earth when it is released. Great review :)

    Laura @ Bookish Treasures

    ReplyDelete