June 18, 2013

Mini Review: BEAUTY FROM SURRENDER by Georgia Cates

Title: BEAUTY FROM SURRENDER

Author: Georgia Cates

Source: bought book on Amazon


I actually would rate this 3.5 stars but always round up when posting my reviews on other sites such as Amazon,  B&N, etc...

Adult Read

goodreads...
How do you move on when he’s every song you sing?

After Laurelyn Prescott walks away from the love of her life, she returns to Nashville to pursue the only dream she has left. Determined to find a distraction from the pain of losing Jack Henry, she immerses herself in her music. But with her old life comes old acquaintances and new expectations. When Laurelyn refuses her record producer’s outrageous demands, she finds herself without a career—until an unforeseen opportunity presents itself. From there it’s a rocket ride straight to the top where Laurelyn finds the success she’s always dreamed of. Will it be enough to bring her the happiness she so deserves, or will the absence of Jack Henry leave her wanting more?

Jack Henry McLachlan never expected to fall in love with Laurelyn Prescott—but he did. After he foolishly let her slip through his fingers, he spends three months searching for her, but their reunion doesn’t come easy. The woman he finds isn’t the same one who drifted away without a goodbye. No longer an insecure girl on an Australian adventure, this Laurelyn is a successful musician with a promising career. Her dreams are becoming a reality, and Jack is terrified his American girl won’t have a place for him in her new life. With only a month to convince her otherwise, will it be enough time to make her visualize a life beyond the glitz and glamour, a life that includes him?

My mini take...
I didn't fall in love with BEAUTY FROM SURRENDER like I did BEAUTY FROM PAIN. I hoped I would have but sadly it just wasn't happening for me. I enjoyed the wait and the mounting suspense of Jack Henry trying to track Laurelyn down.  I had such high expectations of how it would be when they finally reunited. And let me tell you...I loved them reuniting. Oh boy did I ever. But after the fireworks fizzled out I felt like I was left in limbo the whole middle part of the story. And that leads me to the next part of my review.
Some people are going to roll their eyes at me or track me down to give me a good 'what for'...but I wasn't into all the sex scenes. To me it was just too much. And I know these guys had a lot of time to make up for, but gosh, some scenes I had to skim over and move on. I find that old saying 'less is more' works in literature too. Just a thought. Now I did enjoy the steamy scenes but not one right after another. I wanted a bit more story. To me you get the story, but only in the beginning and the end. The middle was all sex, sex, sex. I just don't remember it being that frequent in BEAUTY FROM PAIN. Ok, prude moment over. I'm moving on.
Although some parts were predictable, I enjoyed the journey of Jack Henry and Laurelyn finding their way back to each other. The road is not easy for them by any means and they will have numerous pot holes along the way. But in the end it will all be worth it. Please don't let my review keep you from reading the story...because I did like it. It just wasn't what I was hoping for in the end. I do however want to read the next book with them. I am all for seeing what happens for them after it was all said and done in book 2. I will forever hold them as some of my most favorite and memorable characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment