August 16, 2013

Review: KIERA'S QUEST:PERCEPTIONS by Kristy Brown


Title: Kiera's Quest: Perceptions

Author: Kristy Brown

Source: ebook from author for review

AMAZON  B&N  


goodreads...
The Witch Queen has sunken to a new level of evil. Kiera is helplessly stuck in Zakk’s realm. With the vortex destroyed, she is desperate to find a way home. Her Uncle Tom, her friends and now the boy she loves, are in danger. Will Kiera find the strength and the self-belief she needs to save them? On her lonely journey she meets new allies from peculiar races. The Prophecy is all falling into place. Will Kiera be able to forgive the people she trusted? Will she be able to save the world from her twisted nemesis? Will she finally believe that she is indeed the ‘chosen one’?

My take...

"Kiera Matthews. I have your face. I own you. I have everyone you love in the palm of my hand. I am going to ruin you. You will never get back and when I'm down you will not want to. I am going to destroy you slowly. And, my dear, I am going to relish every single minute of it."
****

Kiera is stuck in another realm, while the Witch Queen has taken over her identity back on Earth. It is up to Kiera to find a way back home to stop her and protect those that she loves. But in order to do so, she will come in contact with some of the strangest people she has ever met. Thankfully these newbies will be just what she needs to make it home.

I was glad to see that PRECEPTIONS was longer than the first 2 books in the series; about double in length. It allowed for more to happen and gave the readers more time to grow that relationship with these wonderful characters. Is it bad that I found the Witch Queen hilarious and likeable this time around? Probably, but still, it sure was funny. She had me snorting with laughter at her thoughts and actions to Kiera’s family and friends.

What I wasn’t particularly fond of was the real Kiera’s journey back home. To me it felt as if it was just something inserted into the story that really didn’t add up to much. I guess it was a good way to introduce some new characters, but other than that it was pretty uneventful. I was a little disappointed that more didn’t take place.

If you’ve been keeping up with the series, then you should definitely keep on reading. I love this author’s imagination and storytelling. Are you a fan of YA Fantasy? Then you should absolutely give this series a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment