January 17, 2014

Top 10 with Author Barbra Newcomb


Barbra is from a small town in northern Iowa. At a young age she fell in love with books and began to write short stories for class. Eventually she graduated from high school with honors in English. Her love of writing continued through college but she focused on a traditional degree. After establishing her family and career she decided to write and publish her first novel Phyre: Prophecy of the Deus. 
Barbra now lives in West Des Moines, IA with her children and husband. She spends most of her time caring for her children while writing in her spare time.
(Pic and bio from Smashwords Acct and Twitter)

1. fav song/singer? My parents are ten years a part in age so I was exposed to everything from The Beatles to Aerosmith through them that mixed with my own generation and then my friend's getting me into country music I have absolutely no answer for this question. I love, love, love music of all kinds. If I can sing (or rap) along to it I'm in!

2. fav season? I absolutely love the fall. I'm from Iowa so the beginning of September the temperature starts to become bearable again. You get to break out the long sleeves and jeans again and of course all of the beautiful colors! Plus my love of Halloween helps make this season one of my all time favorites too!

3. worst vacation? When I was in high school my mom and one of my sister's went to Arizona for Thanksgiving. Part of my family lives down there so we went to spend the holiday with them. On our drive down we hit rain, snow, tornadoes, high winds, sunshine, and dust storms. While we were there the weather was perfect but on our way home five days later our truck broke down and had to find a mechanic. Four and half hours later we were on our way out of Texas. We hit Nebraska and came into the worst blizzard in almost a decade. It took us another ten straight hours of putting along to make it home. It was one of the scariest and worst experiences of my life.

4. guilty pleasure? Me, my husband and my friends love watching kid's movies from the nineties. We have marathons of Mighty Ducks, TMNT, Heavy Weights, etc. It's awesome!

5. fav book and/or author? My favorite book is Wicked, I've read it a dozen times. My favorite author is a hard question, I've read so many talented authors that I can't pick just one!

6. one item you cannot live without? Coffee, it is my life's blood. I can barely function without my three cups of coffee.

7. hobby? Well reading of course! Plus I looooove the outdoors, sledding, hiking, camping, running, biking, outdoor lawn games are always fun, pretty much anything where I get to be outside!

8. fav movie/actor/actress? My favorite movie of all time is Wizard of Oz! I've been watching that movie since I was a little kid and it never gets old. My favorite actor is Tom Hanks, he's funny, smart, and just amazing. In my eyes he can do no wrong. My favorite actress has recently changed to Jennifer Lawrence, again she's funny, smart and all around awesome!

9. fav food? Pizza, definitely pizza.

10. who would you like to meet? (dead or alive?) I would really like to meet Nelson Mandela. He has lead such an amazing life it would be so life changing to speak to him and learn more about his beliefs and values.



We were Gods in a world among humans. Stories told of us were called myth and legend. Those that believed faith had even called us Angels. We have lived among the humans since the dawn of time. Since the beginning we have waited. 

We were outnumbered by the humans and forced into hiding centuries ago. Our abilities now masked to protect our kind all the while training for our purpose.

A threat of untold power and destruction looms overhead and I the youngest of my kind have been prophesied as the savior to our world. 

I've trained since I was a child. Now at 584 years old I am dangerous. I am deadly. And I am ready. 

I am Phyre.





No comments:

Post a Comment