April 12, 2014

Review: FLESH AND BONE by Lee Strauss

Title: FLESH AND BONE

Author: Lee Strauss

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...
She can’t remember. He can’t forget.

Eva Bauman is invisible. Sebastian Weiss is famous. In a perfect world Eva would be fearless and Sebastian would be guiltless.

It’s not a perfect world.

Includes MP3 links to original music recorded by Canadian singer-songwriters Trisha Robins and Bryan Steeksma,

The Minstrel Series is a collection of contemporary romance novels set in the singer/songwriter world. The books are companion novels, with shared settings and characters, but each is a complete stand-alone story with a HEA (happily ever after) and no cliffhangers!

Books can be read out of order, but are best enjoyed in sequence.

#1 Sun & Moon
#2 Flesh & Bone
#3 Heart & Soul - coming July 2014!

My take....
Five years ago Eva was in an accident that left her leg crippled. Ever since she has been working on music and the nerve to sing in front of people at the Blue Note. She doesn't like being the center of attention for fear people will see her handicap and not hear her music. But one day she finally does it and her life is forever changed (again). She meets Sebastian Weiss and a friendship forms. Soon stronger feelings come between them and a relationship is born. Will a secret from Sebastian's past destroy everything they worked so hard at? Will Eva be able to let go of her past and move on from it? With so much riding against them, these two will have to fight for what they want. But it won't be easy. Is anything worth having ever easy?

This book was just so sweet and so beautiful. I think I have found a new sub-genre that appeals to me: people with handicaps. Sounds weird when I say it like that but it is true. This is the 2nd book I've read in the past couple weeks where one of the characters is not perfect. And that makes the character more real to me. I can see where a lot of people will be able to connect to them. But don't get me wrong. Even though the character has a disability that leaves her with a cane...she is by no means weak. Eva is definitely a strong willed girl with a great head on her shoulders. I loved her so.

I adored the heck out of these characters and the story they told. I remembered Sebastian from SUN & MOON but thought of him as kind of flighty then. This time around he has grown up some and I just loved him. He has a huge heart and loves with every bit of it. Eva is a sweetheart that has a bunch of issues she has had to work through over the years. I love the person that Sebastian brings out in her though. He really awoken her spirit that was asleep deep within her. Together they are wonderful couple. Apart they are miserable.

The story was simply fabulous and I smiled most of the way through. I just couldn't help myself. Strauss did an excellent job writing this one…giving us a fairy tale romance of sorts and telling a story that was fresh and different. I look forward to the next book in the series, HEART & SOUL. Knowing Strauss, it will be just as excellent as this one. 5 Adoring Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment