April 17, 2014

Review: THROUGH GLASS, Episode 2 by Rebecca Ethington

Title: Through Glass, Episode 2

Author: Rebecca Ethington

Source: ebook on kindle


goodreads...
*This is Episode Two in the Through Glass Novella Series*

Everyone remembered the day the sky went black. The day the sun was wiped from the sky. They remember the wind as it brought in the darkness; the way the earth shook and everything changed.

Everyone remembered the screams as the darkness ate those who were out in the open, those who had surrounded themselves by light, and those who made noise.

Everyone remembered the voice from the sky and the way food disappeared.

At least, that's what I hoped. I hoped that there was an 'everyone' that would remember because I am not sure how many are left, how many survived. Or if anyone did.
I hoped that I wasn't alone.
I remembered that day.
I remembered because it was the day I became alone.
It was the day that everything was perfect until the monsters took it away. Then the house went silent and the birds stopped singing. It was the day when everyone disappeared, everyone except the boy, the only person I have seen in two years.

The boy I talk to through the glass.

***This Novella is a portion of the full Through Glass Volume as released in September 2013 – For more information about the switch to a Novella Series please visit http://bit.ly/1eGGjns - the next installment in the story of Through Glass will be released in January 2014***

It is a Clean New-Adult Paranormal, Dystopian, Romance with Creepy and Un-Dead Themes.
Language: Low to None
Violence: Moderate
Sexual Content: Low to None

 PLEASE DO NOT READ MY REVIEW IF YOU HAVE YET TO READ EPISODE 1...IT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THAT BOOK.

My take...
From the beginning I had two options, hide or run. I had hid because Cohen had asked me. Because he promised me I wasn’t alone. Now I was and, even through all of his promises, we weren’t together.
We never would be.
***

It has been 2 long, lonely years since the darkness came. Since the monsters came. Two long years since Alexis has felt Cohen’s touch. Lex’s days mainly consist of staying inside, staying quiet, and sleeping. During her waking hours she has learned to communicate with Cohen through the glass. She dreams of one day being able to touch him again. But that is all she has...dreams. Two years of hell being a prisoner in her own home. She was all alone and the Ulamas are in control.

Another action packed book, if not more than the first. The pace is fast and your heart rate never slows down. I honestly don't know how the author wrote this story without a few heart palpitations. I know I had to have experienced them. It was that intense. And it stays that way through the whole book.

My heart broke halfway through and I may never recover. In my review of episode one I mentioned that I fell for these characters instantly. Well, those feelings never ceased, they only got stronger as I started into this one. But something so horrific happens and it left me gasping. Literally.

Now I am off to read episode 3. With a new turn of events at the end of this one, how could I stop now? I can't! Read! Read! Read this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment