June 4, 2014

eARC Review: FROM THE WRECKAGE by Michele G. Miller #MustRead

Title: FROM THE WRECKAGE

Author: Michele G Miller

Source: eARC from author

Est Release Date: JUNE 12th, 2014


goodreads...
“In a matter of minutes on a Friday night, I lost my school, my identity, the security of my first love, the personality of my sweet fearless brother, my best friend, my town, everything as I knew it. Everything changed.”

"Minutes - that’s all it takes to change your entire life. How do you deal with that?”

For high school senior Jules Blacklin surviving the storm is only the beginning. Faced with the new reality of her life, she must find a way to rise From The Wreckage and answer the question - how do you get back to normal, when everything that was normal is gone?

My take...
“One of these days, Jules Blacklin, I’m going to kiss you again, but it’s going to be when you’re mine.” He moves this thumb from her jaw to swipe across her bottom lip and locks his gaze with hers as he adds, “Because when I start kissing these lips, I don’t want to know he gets to kiss them after me.”
***

One night is all it took to change Jules life forever. After emerging from the debris that was her shelter during the storm, Jules is overcome with emotion and grief. But there is one person that has been a constant sense of safety from the start. With West's help, Jules must work through the wreckage before it all comes crumbling down on her.

It may have been the recent tornado that destroyed my hometown in Arkansas, but from the minute the sirens went off (in the book) I knew this book would mean something to me. I literally had to force myself to lay my nook down last night. It was late, I had to get up early the next morning...so I just had to stop. I didn't want to. Lord, knows I didn't want to. But I had to. I, of course, picked it up the next morning and quickly devoured it. Yes, hands down, this is my most favorite of faves from Miller. This book owns me and I will be impatiently waiting for the next one.

I loved the way the book starts out. Jules is giving a video account of the night she lost the security of having a normal life. Her world as she knew it was flipped upside down. So while she tells the camera and us, all she experienced, we the readers experience it right along with her. I will admit I cried a few half a dozen times. Especially towards the end. My heart was caught in an emotional twister.

What I loved the most was the quickly developing feelings between Jules and West. It wasn’t the too quick kind that made you shudder and roll your eyes. It was the kind that melted your heart seeing what they went through and watching them fall in love. I was knee deep in the swoon!

Miller reminds me once again why I love YA books! One thing I always say when it comes to YA is that it reminds me of sweeter times. It reminds me of first loves and first kisses. And thanks to Miller and this book I was remembering all those things all over again. I was transported back to such wonderful, carefree times.

5 Heartbreaking and Earth Shattering Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment