June 19, 2014

Review: FULL MOON by Jordan Deen

Title: FULL MOON

Author: Jordan Deen

Source: eARC from author for review


goodreads...
You know her story. You know her painful initiation into the werewolf world and you’ve seen her struggle to find the truth.

Now, Lacey Quinn is ready for the war to be over. Are you?
Lacey has been used, lied to and cheated out of the only thing she ever wanted: independence. Struggling with her newfound knowledge of being pack leader, Alex coming back into her life and the kidnapping of Lily’s mate—Matt—Lacey is faced with one of the biggest decisions of her life: fight or flight. While she knows running from the war will risk many lives, but staying means she would never have the life she wants and quite possibly never know a world without werewolves, witches and war.
Sometimes doing the right thing isn’t always the first or most obvious choice. Lacey Quinn is about to challenge what everyone thinks is the right thing to do. Unfortunately for her, most will not agree with her decision or the painful outcome.

Sometimes, love means death.

My take...
I actually rated this book 4.5 stars but when leaving my review on sites such as Amazon, Goodreads...I round up to the next full star!

Lacey is on the run yet again, still looking for answers to the thousands of questions plaguing her mind. No one seems to have what they are looking for until they come upon a coven of witches that may be holding the key to their survival. Will they be able to get the answers they so desperately seek? Will they be able to find Matt before it is too late? Time will only tell.

I was ecstatic to be able to read the conclusion to Lacey's story. It has been quite some time in the making from when I first started this journey way back in 2010. So to finally finish this book brings out a lot of emotion in me. I fell in love with all these characters from the start and they have been part of an extended family to me. I can only imagine what Deen is experiencing being the author.

My only problem, which I only took off half a star, was the fact that everything that happened...happened too quickly. Each situation they found themselves in came on quickly and ended quickly. The only thing, because of this, there was never a dull moment. FULL MOON was action packed and fast paced. Loved that about it. So when the ending came up...you guessed it...it was too quick for my liking. But in a way, I am ok with that because it was the perfect lead in to the spin off series.

I also wish there was a bit more romance, but again, I can see why there was what there was. They are on the run...for their lives...in the thick of it all!! Who has time for romance? So really I can live with what we got. I just hope that this won't be the last we see of Lacey and Brandon.

FULL MOON was a fantastic read that was bam, bam, bam, BOOM! Like I mentioned before, loved the fast pace of the story and all the crazy scenarios these awesome characters found themselves in. Not all will survive but new relationships will develop. All in all, it was a great read I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment