July 20, 2014

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 2, Epi 12 by Rachel Higginson

Title: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 2, Epi 12

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author



goodreads...

Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Reagan had a rough night. The man she recently realized she was in love with died. She’s trapped in a bunker with her ex-boyfriend and two children that are in serious danger. She lost her best friend and most of the family she’s started to consider her own. And she’s out of weapons, energy and solutions.

The night could not be any darker. Yet, morning comes anyway.

And with it, the decision to walk back out into the Zombie fray and find out what happened to Vaughan, Haley and the rest of their group.

Reagan will have to fight her way through hordes of Feeders and her own exhaustion before she finds out what happened to her friends, only to face the worst of all her enemies.

Reagan and the Parkers go head-to-head against Matthias and Linley Allen. In this cataclysmic finale to Season Two, Reagan and friends will make one last effort to escape the Colony for good.

Will they be able to get away? Or will Matthias spread his poison to every last one of them and punish them for the death of his favorite son?

Love and Decay, Episode Twelve is the final episode in Season Two of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes. Season Three will release December, 12th 2014. Approximately 20,000 words.



My take...

Like with all reviews I do that follow a series, please do not read if you have not read the previous books. My reviews will contain spoilers for those previous ones.

If I survived this day, it would be a miracle.
That thought was somehow lost in the complex shuffle that every day I survived lately was a true
miracle.
God, the Zombie Apocalypse sucked so hard.
**

Stuck in the bunker with Page and Miller, Reagan and Hendrix must figure out a plan to get them past the zombies outside their door and to their family. But the final thoughts of what Kane sacrificed for them weighs heavily in the small confinement. Now is not the time to lose herself to his memories...now is the time to fight. And fight they will.

**
I could cry later. I could mourn Kane later.
First I had to get the people I loved, the people that were still alive, to anywhere but here.
**

This episode was the most action packed yet. Probably of both seasons. My heart is still hammering in my chest. There were times just knew that they were not going to be okay. That too many close calls were going to be final calls.

I hate coming to an end of a series that has encroached on my heart, my time, and my emotions over the past few months. The only bright side of the series ending is that it will be back by the end of the year.

Season Two was the group facing a new threat. Humans. Alive Humans, Humans whose souls were so perverse that the zombies were never really the threat. With this season over, I look forward to the new dangers the group will possibly face. Same characters, new troubles.

Well done Higginson. I look forward to where your imagination will take us in season three. I look forward to new people and *fingers crossed* to renewed love. I just look forward to it all...most of the zombies. 5 Why Do Things Have to End Stars!



Have you kept up with the season? If so, what are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment