September 9, 2014

Review: RELUCTANTLY ROYAL by Nichole Chase


Title: Reluctantly Royal

Author: Nichole Chase

Source: paperback and eARC


goodreads...

Maxwell Jameson Trevor, prince of Lilaria, hates his royal role. Despising the limelight, he takes solace in his art studio and steers clear of any drama. But when one of the newly discovered royals passes away, Maxwell's brother Alex asks him to break the news to the old man's granddaughter. Though he hates to be the bearer of doom and gloom, he doesn't want the poor girl to find out from the tabloids. For Maxwell knows all too well how devastating that could be.

Coming from a broken home and modest background, newly ordained Lady Meredith Thysmer has seized her chance to make a better life for herself and her son. She's not afraid to use her best assets to get what she wants. But when the unpretentious yet devastatingly handsome Max delivers his news, her plans for the future come crashing to a halt. In the challenging days ahead, Max's compassion, humor, and steadfast loyalty to Meredith and her son win her over. She quickly finds herself doing something she swore would never happen again: falling in love. And yet Maxwell still refuses to completely drop his guard. Somehow Meredith's got to find a way to seduce this reluctant royal.


My take...

I was losing my heart to this prince.
A prince who would hate everything about the career I was trying to build for myself.
**

There was something about this book that had me aching to get back to it every time I had to put it down. It wasn't overly flashy. It didn't have some huge, shocking twist. No, it was just a classic romance. A romance that makes you weak in the knees as you watch the Prince fall for the girl. Yes! I was smitten with this book. In a lot of ways it reminded me of book one, SUDDENLY ROYAL. It had that same sense of romance. First real love and all the goody that goes with it.

I have adored this series from the start and to finally get up close and personal with Max was well worth the wait. And Meredith is an amazing character too. I adored her as a mother, a duchess, and as a girl you just want to hug. Her life isn't easy by any means, but she makes the most of it to provide for her son, Marty.

I think my only problem came at the end of the story. At first I thought it could have been prolonged a bit more. But I quickly changed my mind once I read the epilogue. Chase summed up the book (and series) perfectly in just a few pages. So all in all, there wasn’t a thing I would have changed about the story.

Seeing these two fall for each other was such a beautiful thing. Readers are going to once again be reminded of real romance in Chase's newest book and all the wonderful feelings that comes along with falling in real love. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment