December 7, 2014

5 Star Review: COLD SHADOWS by J.L. Bryan #Ghosts

Title: COLD SHADOWS 

Author: J.L. Bryan

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

Footsteps in the attic. Toys that play by themselves. A dark presence in an upstairs room.

Paranormal investigator Ellie Jordan faces a difficult new case. Her new clients are a family haunted by multiple ghosts and a poltergeist that wrecks their home at night. Their seven-year-old son’s invisible friends may not be imaginary at all, but the restless spirits of dead children.

To clear her clients’ house of the dangerous entities, Ellie must unravel the mysterious deaths of another family who lived in the old mansion more than a hundred and sixty years ago—and she must do it before the ghosts can carry out their malevolent designs on her clients and their children.


My take...

My oh my!! I do declare this book was a lot scarier than the first one. ( Like my Savannah accent? Just getting into the scene. ) And who waits until night time to read it? This chick. Probably not my smartest move. Because this book coupled with those already weird pregnancy dreams just means a cluster of nightmarish, weird dreams. But I wouldn't take it back. Oh no. Too much goodness and scary ghosts that had me hooked once again.

Even though Stacey got on my nerves a wee bit in the first book, I found myself really liking her in this one. I think the last adventure really hit home for her and she had matured some. She is still her same quirky self, just more grown up. And there was a few other characters in this one that were fun to read and had me worried about their outcome.

But how Ellie can continue on in this job is beyond me. I would have ran, screaming like the little girl I am at the first sign of some demented ghost. But not her. She kept going and going, and pushing and pushing. She sure takes quite the licking in this one and I wouldn't blame her in the least if she hung up her hat for good. Yep, I love this girl so much.

If ghosts are your thing, I highly recommend this read. I inhaled it to the very end and still craved more. Thankfully Bryan has more in the works with THECRAWLING DARKNESS! It sounds fabulous!! Cannot wait! 5 Creeptastic Stars!


You can get book 1 for 99cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment