April 16, 2015

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 3, Epi 8 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love and Decay: Season 3, Epi 8

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review


goodreads...
Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Tyler Allen has spent a life time in hell. Long before the Zombie Apocalypse upended the rest of the world, she was forced to live under Matthias Allen’s tyranny. She thought she would spend her life under the control of her sadistic father.

Until she met the Parkers.

Vaughan Parker rescued Tyler from the Colony and saved her from a lifetime of pain and abuse. But he didn’t stop there.

Tyler resisted Vaughan at first, but his tender charm and sweet patience wore her down. They became something more than friends and Tyler slowly adjusted to their new relationship. Now he’s asking something of her she’s afraid to give him, something she doesn’t know if she can give him.

When the horrors of Tyler’s past finally catch up with her, she has to decide if she’s ready for everything Vaughan is offering or if she’s better off alone.

Love and Decay, Episode Eight is the eighth episode in Season Three of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words.


My take...

I waited for my entire body to lock up right before it crumbled to ash in the jail cell. I felt unstable with fear and anxiety. My senses exploded with too much sensation and I questioned everything I heard or saw or felt. I knew Matthias was here, but I wanted him dead so fiercely I felt dizzy from it.
That was how afraid I was of my father.
**

Annnnnd we're back with Tyler as she struggles with her feelings for Vaughn and her hatred for her father. The group is devising a plan that will hopefully end Matthias once and for all, but Tyler is a huge ball of mess as she tries to get some sort of grip on reality and her past. The question is...will she be able to before it is too late? Or will her father prove once again that he is always in control of her and everything else in the world?

Way back when, when we first met Tyler, I wasn't sure if she would be someone that I would care for in the long run. She closed herself off to the Parkers at first and made it hard for me to determine if she could be a character I would root for if the moment came. Well the moment has come and I can definitely say I want her to win...to live! I want her to admit her feelings for Vaughn. I want her to triumph over the evil otherwise known as her father. I love this girl and consider her part of the family when I think fondly of the Parkers.

Another great episode, Higginson! You can actually feel this season coming to a close as we read the stories, literally watching the pieces all come together for some much needed closure. With so much anticipation and uncertainty flowing through the pages, you can't help but find yourself on the edge of your seat...reading and waiting for the outcome. 5 Will Never Get Enough of This Series Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment