July 13, 2015

Review: THE SHAMELESS HOUR by Sarina Bowen

Title: The Shameless Hour

Author: Sarina Bowen

Source: ebook from author for review



goodreads....

The girl who’s had everyone meets the boy who has no one.

For Bella, the sweet-talking, free-loving, hip-checking student manager of the Harkness men’s hockey team, sex is a second language. She’s used to being fluent where others stutter, and the things people say behind her back don’t (often) bother her. So she can’t understand why her smoking hot downstairs neighbor has so much trouble staying friends after their spontaneous night together. She knows better than to worry about it, but there’s something in those espresso eyes that makes her second guess herself.

Rafe is appalled with himself for losing his virginity in a drunken hookup. His strict Catholic upbringing always emphasized loving thy neighbor—but not with a bottle of wine and a box of condoms. The result is an Ivy League bout of awkwardness. But when Bella is leveled by a little bad luck and a downright sinister fraternity stunt, it’s Rafe who is there to pick up the pieces.

Bella doesn’t want Rafe's help, and she’s through with men. Too bad the undeniable spark that crackles between the two of them just can't be extinguished.


My take...

Ok, here is the dealio. I liked this book. A lot. Was I uncomfortable reading about some of Bella's escapades and where her mind kept going constantly? (And I mean CONSTANTLY.) Absolutely. But that is just me. I am sure others out there-the extroverts of the world- would be ok. I, however, am a wallflower when it comes to sex and even talking about it these days. But I continued on reading this book and so glad I did.

Bella goes through hell not far into the story. A hell she has never known. Always up for anything with anyone, she comes face to face with a predator she has yet to encounter until now. This threat will jeopardize everything, including these new feelings for Rafe. Not to mention the disgust and doubts she feels about herself. It really takes in toll on her. But seeing her battle through her hardest year yet at Harkness made this story real and believable and had me rooting for Bella that much more.

And let me not forget Rafe. He is so amazing and sweet and funny and caring. Who would have thought that these two would make a great pair? I didn't. I know Rafe is an absolute catch, but together you probably wouldn’t imagine them as a couple. But in the end, I couldn't get enough of these two. Another couple that has me smitten as a kitten. Love them!

Seeing Bella overcome all she does and get her sweet revenge made this book a wonderful read. Seeing Bella get the guy that she eventually falls for made it even better. Romance, laughter and new relationships....THE SHAMELESS HOUR is a fantastic read! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment