September 30, 2015

5 Star Review: SUDDEN HOPE by Daniele Lanzarotta

Title: SUDDEN HOPE

Author: Daniele Lanzarotta

Source: ebook from author for review



goodreads...

Alec is a seventeen-year-old who has endured more in life than anyone should have to. Seeing his neighbor and ex-bestfriend, Skylar, struggle after a tragic loss, Alec makes it his mission to show her that life is worth living.
Little does he know that he will learn that same lesson.


My take...
“I’m starting to think that you have a really bad habit of trying to save me.”
She turns shy and looks down. “You are worth saving.”
***

I absolutely loved this story. Once I started it I became so impassioned with it I hated to put it down. I wanted to become one with it and be BFF's with the characters. That is how much I enjoyed this book. It is a really great coming of age-falling in love for the first time-kind of book.

Let's start with the story line. We have Alec who was once best friends with Skylar at a young age. But something happens and they go years not speaking, even though they are neighbors. Then one day that all changes. Not impressed with my blurbage skills? Yeah me neither. That is why I am the reader and Lanzarotta is the author. But I am telling you this book had me. It is sweet and kind and heartwarming.

I wish I could say that everything about this book is beautiful and full of love. But I can't. There is sadness, there is pain and there is something scary lurking between its pages. It slowly makes itself known and then explodes into something that is real and out there in our young people’s lives. More so today than when I was younger. (We won't talk about how long ago that was. Um, k?)

Then there are the characters. I loved them so and when the book ended I decided I needed more of them in my life. I wasn't done with them yet and I am hoping that the author isn't either. They have more to tell and I will gladly sit happily in a book stupor and listen.

SUDDEN HOPE is one of those books you fall for and will think about long after it’s done. Great job, Daniele. I loved it and think you readers will, too! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment