January 26, 2016

Interview with Neil Locke, Author of the soon to be released THE FIFTH ROUND



*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
 I honestly still work a full-time job as a certified nurse assistant. The Fifth Round is my first novel, but I plan on writing a bunch more which I'm currently working on.

*5 years ago: what were you doing?
 5 years ago I was living in Bacliff, Texas working at a chemical plant.

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
 I work 12 hours a day and I try writing when I get home. I don't have a certain writing ritual, but I do like to take a bath to relax and I do much of my thinking and that's where also my ideas come from.

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
 None at the moment I'm currently still finishing my first novel The Fifth Round.

*Is there an author you'd like to meet?
  I'm a huge pro wrestling fan and I have read all of Mick Foley's books and I think it would be awesome to meet him not only is he a New York Times Best seller, but one of my favorite wrestlers as well.

*Biggest writing pet peeve?
 Spelling is one of my biggest pet peeves. Mainly because the majority of the mistakes I make are that not difficult words to spell.

* Do you read other's reviews of your books?
 There Hasn't been any reviews since this is my first novel and it is currently not ready to be reviewed yet, but I would definitely read the reviews to see what others are saying.

Fav Color:
My favorite color would have to be red, but I also like black so that's a tough choice.

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with:
The fictional character I would like to spend the day with would probably Batman. I like Batman because he's stories constantly have a tendency to be riddles, wrongdoings, mental thrillers, the character is resolved to do all that he would, he's able to have an ethical code which he stands regardless, he demonstrates no apprehension against divine beings, despite the fact that he is just human, he demonstrates to us that we can use torment for something better, etc.

Fav food:
This is also a tough one because I love mexican and chinese food, but if I had to chose one it would be chinese food.

Fav song and/or singer:
Well I listen to all kinds of music, but I have been listening to this one hip hop song lately about every time I get in the car I want to listen to TK N Cash - 3 times in A Row.

Guilty pleasure:
Truly long baths, I mean truly long. 
Get in at like 7pm, set laptop down on a short table next to the tub, towel folded over the edge of the tub edge to dry my hands before touching it, and stacking up an show or film for a few hours of unwinding. I usually have to empty it part way and top off with more hot water. Don't normally get out until midnightish.


Neil Locke is a fighter in every sense of the word. His life is the inspiration behind the story of The Fifth Round. Born with a Ventricular Septal Defect, he had to fight from the very beginning of his life. Battling a serious health condition, Locke continued tackling each of the obstacles he had to face, defining the odds, and becoming a professional mixed martial arts fighter.
Through all of life's adversities, it was Locke’s fight outside of the cage that made him want to write this book. His goal is to share his passion for the sport as well as an uplifting story, opening up his very own past to spread the message that there is love after hardship; and that no matter what a person may be up against, they should always fight to the finish.
As he shares the journey through his own struggles and heartaches, we learn the true meaning of the word champion.



A heart wrenching, gut punching, coming of age story about how one man overcomes adversity at every turn to become a professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter. While learning how to battle inside of the cage, he must battle to survive in life, as he faces a serious health condition, loss, and heartache. The Fifth Round is an emotional thrill ride where the hits just keep on coming, and a young fighter takes a journey that, despite all the challenges, finally sees what he's truly been fighting for his whole life.

Coming Soon to Amazon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment