April 21, 2016

5*Review: Love and Decay: Revolution, Epi 8 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love & Decay: Revolution, Epi 8

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author

AMAZON  B&N  GOODREADS


goodreads...

It’s not easy being a badass Zombie killer. But somebody’s got to do it.

Harrison Parker has hated the same girl for the last ten years.

Hated her and wanted her.

Adela has been nothing but trouble for him since the day they met. They fight constantly. They argue. They can’t stand each other.

But in the secret moments when they think nobody is looking, they also need each other. They heal each other. Sometimes, they even save each other.

When Page goes missing and the Parker family jumps to rescue their favorite sister, Harrison and Adela are forced to team up in an epic battle for survival- both for their lives and their hearts.

Harrison is ready to let Adela go. She’s leaving with Diego anyway.

Unless he can convince her she has a reason to stay…

Love and Decay: Revolution is a Dystopian Romance Novella Series about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. Every episode is approximately 20,000 words long and released every two weeks. Look for Love and Decay: Revolution, Episode Nine coming May 13, 2016 (Due to family issues).


My take...

The infection that ravaged this world did not forgive…did not make allowances…did not smite some and smile and others.
It took. And took. And would not stop taking until every last living thing on this planet turned to death.
**

Oil and water. Cats and dogs. Zombies and the living. That has been Harrison and Adela from the start. Ten years later they still haven't got it right, yet. But in this episode they must fight to find Page and bring her back home. Maybe, somewhere in between, they will work out their differences. Or maybe she will decide to leave them for good and go back with Diego.

This episode had my heart in my throat the entire time. Between the zombies, the Colony, and Harrison’s indecisiveness concerning Adela, I was exhausted in the end. But a good kind of exhaustion that only a really good book can bring on. I loved every second of it.

**
“We’re not going to die. Trust me.”
He rubbed his forehead with the heel of his hand. “That’s the thing. I don’t trust you.”
I laughed because I thought he was joking. Then I realized he wasn’t. “Come on, now,” I grinned at him. “I’m a Parker. God loves us best.”
**

I was glad to be back in Harrison's mind once again. I have missed him. But I wanted to slap him. He is probably the most hard headed of the bunch with a bipolar attitude to match. Seriously. He needed slapped a few dozen times to bring him to his senses. But when I heard him say that God loves the Parker's best, I lost it. How true it is. It has to be after all they've been through.

Great episode once again, I couldn't put it down. As usual, looking forward to what happens next. Way to go, Higginson. This was fantastic. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment