July 31, 2017

Amity Hope, Author of THE RULES OF PERSUASION #ComingSoon #AmReading

Amity lives in beautiful northern Minnesota with her two sons, two cats and their Rottweiler. 

She has a degree in elementary education and worked in that field for ten years before deciding to self-publish. 

Her first self-published novel, Twisted, was listed by Amazon as a Top 100 Kids & Teens Kindle Book of 2012. It hit Amazon's Teen & Young Adult Contemporary Romance Best Sellers List in several countries. Truths and Dares held the #1 position on Amazon's Best Sellers in Teen & Young Adult Contemporary Romance eBooks in the UK.

If she's not writing, or spending time with her boys, she's most likely reading.



*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
 I have a degree in Elementary Education so if I wasn't writing, I'd most likely be doing something in the education field.

*5 years ago: what were you doing?
It's hard to believe--because time goes so fast--but five years ago I took the leap and self-published. It's been a wonderful five years and I'm hoping for many more like it.

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
My writing doesn't always flow as well as I would like. I suppose I could say my ritual is just to sit down and write--whether I'm in the mood or not. Fortunately, I enjoy editing so as long as I have something down to work with, I'm happy. 

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
For a while I was getting emails telling me my writing wasn't "steamy" enough. A few said they lowered their review rating because of it. However, I write predominantly young adult so I'm not comfortable raising the  heat level too much.

*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it?
 C. J. Redwine. I think she's a genius and I adore her writing style.

*Is there an author you'd like to meet?
 C. J. Redwine! 

*Biggest writing pet peeve?
When I so carefully plot out a book, start writing, and the work takes on a life of it's own. In other words, I always try plotting, but end up being a complete "pantser."


* Do you read other's reviews of your books?
I do check out Amazon, yes. 

Fav Color: Red
Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with: Ari from The Wish Granter. She's such a fun, unique character.
Fav food: Nachos
Fav song and/or singer: I love everything by Lauren Daigle.
Guilty pleasure: Binge watching Hart of Dixie or Once Upon a Time on Netflix. Or better yet, having an entire day to indulge in reading a fantasy novel.



1) Take things slow (her rule)
2) Make it believable (his rule)

After tragedy hit her family, Meg Matthews officially crossed the line from “good girl” to “bad girl.” Motorcycle? Check. Graffiti? Check. The only thing Meg hadn’t planned on was blackmail. Too bad now a certain infuriating boy holds Meg’s future in his hands…

When Luke Prescott—star pitcher and town golden boy—catches Meg vandalizing the school, she’s given two choices: face the consequences or enter into a fake relationship with him to get his parents and his ex off his back.

But as Meg and Luke grow closer, they both realize they’ve been keeping secrets from each other. Their fake relationship might be doomed from the start—if they can’t learn to open up to the one person they never thought they’d trust.

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains late-night graffiti sessions, flirty baseball lessons, and a never-ending list of relationship rules just made to be broken.


No comments:

Post a Comment