June 12, 2018

5* Review: PESTILENCE by Laura Thalassa

Title: PESTILENCE 

Author: Laura Thalassa

Source: KU

AMAZON  GOODREADS


Goodreads…

They came to earth—Pestilence, War, Famine, Death—four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

When Pestilence comes for Sara Burn’s town, one thing is certain: everyone she knows and loves is marked for death. Unless, of course, the angelic-looking horseman is stopped, which is exactly what Sara has in mind when she shoots the unholy beast off his steed.

Too bad no one told her Pestilence can’t be killed.

Now the horseman, very much alive and very pissed off, has taken her prisoner, and he’s eager to make her suffer. Only, the longer she’s with him, the more uncertain she is about his true feelings towards her … and hers towards him.

And now, well, Sara might still be able to save the world, but in order to do so, she'll have to sacrifice her heart in the process.

My take…

“I am not here to please your every whim.” Pestilence’s voice is steady, unfeeling. “I am here to end the world.”
***

From the very start I was sucked into this apocalyptic world. One that is at the mercy of Pestilence, War, Famine and Death. Sara has chosen the short end of the stick, so to speak, and is sacrificing her life to end Pestilence as he rides through their broken town with intent to kill all of mankind. From the moment she shoots him, her world is forever changed. And little by little, over time, her heart is forever changed as well.

This year I have been doing a lot of new to me authors. I haven’t got to do that much in the past due to my reading time being limited thanks to my toddler, so I only stuck with books for reviews from authors I have worked with previously. But now that I have KU, I have been going off recommendations from friends. And this one was just recommended recently by a sweet friend. And I was so happy that she did. It was fantastic.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this book. After all, you never know with a new to you author if you are going to like their flow and their way of writing. But I am so in love with this author. So much so, I did what I always do and stalked their social media. I definitely need to look up her other work.

***
“I cannot decide if you are a toxin or a tonic,” he says, lifting a hand to my cheek. “Only that you plague my thoughts and fill my veins.”
Pestilence really could work on his compliments.
His thumb strokes over my skin. “Tell me you feel the same way.”
“I’m your prisoner,” I say, sidestepping an answer.
“That is the least of the wrongs between us.” He leans in closer. “Tell me,”he repeats.
***

I wish I could convey to you how much I am looking forward to reading WAR as soon as it is released. I can only imagine what the next journey will hold for us. But if it is anything like PESTILENCE it is going to be beyond greatness. Incredible story, amazing characters, and of course there is a romance that slowly builds over time. It was perfectly paced and wonderfully written. 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment