July 19, 2018

5*Review: HEAVEN IN HELL Box Set by Dia Cole

Title: Heaven in Hell Box Set Epis 1-4

Author: Dia Cole

Source: KU for Kindle


Goodreads…
This Heaven in Hell Box Set includes the first four novellas in the series.

Episode One: Live by his rules or die by them…
In the wake of the zombie apocalypse, twenty-year-old Lee Walker is desperately trying to keep the last of her family alive. Salvation seems to come in the form of Dominic Rosario, a sexy army sergeant. Despite his questionable motives and brutal tactics, Lee can’t deny the scorching attraction burning between them. When a dangerous mission goes south, Lee must face her growing feelings for Dominic and a terrifying new creature that will hunt them to the grave.

Episode Two: Seduce him or die trying…
While stranded in the most zombie-infested part of the city, Lee will do anything to save her injured friend—even seduce Dominic. Although he tries to resist, she challenges his orders not to fraternize with civilians in the hottest way possible. Unprepared for the soul-shattering desire that burns between them, Lee quickly finds herself in over her head. Soon the seducer becomes the seduced and Lee must fight to keep her heart, and her dark secrets, from destroying them all.

Episode Three: Survival has a price that’s paid in blood…
Running out of options and time, Lee joins Dominic on his dangerous mission. Little does he know she’s on a mission of her own—to seduce the cure from him at all costs. Hunted by both the living and the dead, they will face the ultimate choice between love and survival.

Episode Four: To survive the monsters you must become one…
With a violent gang and an unstoppable super zombie stalking their every move, Dominic and Lee have never been in more danger. Just when she needs him the most, Dominic is mortally wounded. Unsure of who or what she is becoming, Lee struggles to hold on to her humanity long enough to defeat their enemies and save the man she loves.

My take…

I happened upon this book while searching zombie romances. Definitely not the YA stories I am used to reading, and I may have even skipped over a few scenes that were a little too adult for me (lol). But still a great story. Instantly, I fell into the undead world Cole created and found myself on the edge of my seat for all the book. It was intense and unique.

I loved in the intrigue that flowed through all four books surrounding “the list” and why Lee and her sister were chosen to be on that list. It kept the story interesting to say the least.

Dominic was as intriguing as the plot. He kept me on my toes with his mysterious ways. Yet, Lee was a realist. I immediately liked her because I felt I would have acted the same way when she was put in life threatening positions. And there was never a dull moment in the books. Everything was intense, drama filled and action packed.

I definitely recommend the 4 book box set because you will fly through them. I am eagerly starting book 5 now and cannot wait to see where this story leads.


No comments:

Post a Comment