September 19, 2019

5*Review: THE HUNTED Complete Series by Ivy Smoak

Title: THE HUNTED Complete Series

Author: Ivy Smoak

Source: KU


Amazon...

Includes all four books in international bestseller Ivy Smoak's breakout series: The Hunted.

Only once in my life have I lost my words at the sight of perfection - on a rainy autumn morning when I first met James Hunter. Or rather, when I literally ran into him. I had never seen anyone so handsome in my entire life. The stubble along his jaw line. The way he caught me in his strong arms. The way he stared at me so intently with his dark brown eyes that swirled with secrets.

I felt it in a rush. That I wanted him. That I needed him in my life. I'm not naïve. I could tell in two seconds that he was out of my league. And not just because it looked like he had stepped out of the pages of a magazine. Well, that and the fact that he's my professor.

Trust me, I know I need to forget about him. But how could I possibly when every time I see him in class it feels like he's daring me to cross the line?

I don't know how much longer I can resist the temptation.


My take...

This is my review of the series as a whole...

Over the last dew days I have been on a Smoak bender. Seriously. I have done nothing but lay in bed and read. I honestly cannot tell you the last time a couple series have kept me so immersed and consumed.

Having finished and loving the Made of Steel series, I quickly picked up another of her books. One that I realized was based off a character that made a cameo in Made of Steel series. It was nice knowing there was a connection. 

But I truly lost myself over the last few days with The Hunted series. I was all about some James and Penny. When I wasn’t reading, which wasn’t much, I was eager to get back to their life and their story. I was so excited to read the next chapter of each book, that time had escaped me. 

But I loved reading that their story wasn’t over in the last book of this series. So I did what any person who had let a series consume them would do. I got the next series and started it immediately. 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment