September 15, 2019

5*Review: SENIOR YEAR BUCKET LIST by JM Miller

Title: SENIOR YEAR BUCKET LIST

Author: JM Miller

Source: eARC from author for honest review


Goodreads...

Caleb Samuels.
Smug. Irritating. Pain in the … 
After high school, I was content with the idea of never seeing him again.
But as his sister Merilyn’s best friend, it was bound to happen eventually. I just didn’t expect it to be at her wake, where, following a foolish, naive, and completely ridiculous incident, I’m prepared to return to my perfectly routine life and wash my hands of him forever. Again. 
Unfortunately, Merilyn had other plans.
Even though she traveled the world, her final request is for Caleb and me to recreate our senior year bucket list and take her ashes along for one last adventure.
All the foolish, naive, and—you guessed it—completely ridiculous memories return in an instant.
He tormented me, teased me, kissed me like no one ever had, made me fall for him, and broke me like no one else ever would.
Reliving it all might end with a crash worse than the first.
Or maybe not. 
Maybe the fall would never end.


My take...

I flew through this one trying to find out where it all went wrong with Celia and Caleb. My heart was all over the place as it was sent on an emotional roller coaster. Happiness, anger, sadness...they all flitted through my mind at some point. I am sitting here still, hours later, thinking on it all and these incredible characters. 

Honesty time? I wanted to read this one, but just not at this time. My reads lately have gravitated towards apocalyptic and zombies. This was not one of those reads. But I knew the time was drawing short and it's release was coming up soon. So I dove in. And so glad I did. It was fantastic and absolutely what I needed without knowing it. 

Miller brings her fans another exciting, romantic, page turner with SENIOR YEAR BUCKET LIST. Such a fun, unique plot. I am so glad we got the back and forth between the past and the present. It really helped pull me in and get to know the characters a little better. I especially loved getting to know Mer a little more, since she is the sole reason Celia and Caleb are united once again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment