April 13, 2020

5*Review: BAD AT LOVE by Karina Halle

Title: BAD AT LOVE

Author: Karina Halle

Source: KU


Goodreads...

She's bad at love, but he's even worse...

Marina is hot, blonde, and wickedly smart, but when it comes to men? She's hopeless. Between her quirks and her lack of filter, there isn't a man in Los Angeles that will stick around after the third date.

Her handsome, charming friend Lazarus has the opposite problem. Everyone wants to be the sexy Brit's girlfriend, but he gets bored and moves on quickly.

There's only one way to figure out why neither of them has cracked this love thing-- they'll date each other. On paper, it's the perfect experiment. But in reality, things between Marina and Laz get complicated quickly.

They might be bad at love, but they are even worse at being friends.


My take...

As I wait for Halle’s soon to be released next book, LOVEWRECKED, I decided to pick up another one of her many reads to tide me over. I picked a great one!! It was fun and flirty, sweet and heart wrenching. I instantly fell in love with Laz and Marina. They would push each other where it was needed and really cared for one another. Even before the whole experiment began. It was a refreshing read. In a lot of ways it reminded me of Amy Daws’ BLINDSIDED. And I love that one, and had been wanting a similar read for awhile now. So win, win for me!! Well written with characters that stole my heart, BAD AT LOVE was a perfect read during the quarantine. 5 Absolutely Brilliant Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment