April 18, 2020

5*Review: VIOLENT DELIGHTS by Jessica Hawkins

Title: VIOLENT DELIGHTS

Author: Jessica Hawkins

Source: kindle book



Goodreads...

In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. But this feud isn’t between enemies. It’s between brothers. And I’m the prize.

I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'm prepared to trade for my freedom. I vowed not to leave without Diego, my first love and best friend, but if his ruthless brother has his way, I won’t leave at all. Cristiano de la Rosa is a man as big and bold as his legend. Once upon a time, he was our cartel’s best soldier . . . until he became my family’s worst enemy.

A man like Cristiano will bend fate to his will to get what he wants. Even if it means dragging me to hell—and tearing me from his brother's arms.

“She is mine.” Three words from two different men.
A life, future, and love I don’t get to choose.



My take...

My mother and father trusted Cristiano with their lives and now, I was putting that same faith in him.
Trusting him with my eternal life as we descended into hell.
Promising him with my love everlasting while my heart belonged to another.
***

I have waited forever to get this one. Me being a lover of all things Mafia'ish, I wanted to jump right in. But I am also a lover of all things KU and sadly this series is not in it. But what do I do with my Trump Change? You got it. I bought the whole series and I quickly devoured the first book. I knew I would love it. I knew I would fall hopelessly in love with Cristiano. I knew outright buying the series all at once would be one of the greatest book purchases of my life. And so far I am right on all 3 accounts.

Even though Natalia grew up in this world and saw all the things it stood for-even the death of her own mother- she was still a bit naive when it came to how she expected to live in it and leave with Diego. Of course it didn't help that her father and Diego shielded her from so much. I believe we are about to see her grow and her eyes will be opened to how her world really works. I am excited for the change that we are about to see unfold within her.

I know we are supposed to fear Cristiano, but I couldn't. I absolutely loved him from the moment we are introduced. And even more so when he comes back into Natalia's life. He is dangerous and to be feared, but it didn't stop me from loving him.

Dangerous and delicious...heart stopping and intense...VIOLENT DELIGHTS was everything I imagined it to be. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment