April 28, 2020

5*Review: VIOLENT TRIUMPHS by Jessica Hawkins

Title: Violent Triumphs

Author: Jessica Hawkins

Source: bought on kindle


Goodreads...

I’ve become a queen to the forsaken, a leader to thieves, and the wife of a man who instills fear in all who cross his path. He was the husband I didn’t want. Now, I can’t fathom life without my king.

I should’ve been ready for anything. Like the caterpillar that feeds on poison during metamorphosis, I was raised in the dangerous world of cartel crime. But nothing could’ve prepared me for Cristiano de la Rosa, his brother’s poison, or the Calavera cartel.

This is still a story about a love strong enough to topple households, unite enemies, and divide brothers. Resilient enough to bring down those who would try to destroy it . . . and selfless enough to make the ultimate sacrifice.

But I was warned, and so were you. Death’s day always comes. This time, it will find what was once a caterpillar is now a butterfly—and hell hath no fury like the White Monarch.



My take...

And I prepared myself to tend to the devil. To fix the monster who’d destroy all other monsters. To bring my husband back to life.
***

I started book 3 with a rock in the pit of my stomach and nearly ended with the same rock. Sitting there. Festering. I about put this book down without finishing it. I couldn’t fathom finishing it with where it was taking my mind. It was too much. It’s been awhile that a book has been too much for me.

***
I let Cristiano in. I stepped into the role he’d been pushing me toward. I stood by his side in the ivory tower. We were Calavera royalty.
***

However, I did finish and my heart is once again happy even though I was left with a glorious book hangover. I wouldn’t hate if we were to ever get another book from this world. I would love to know how everyone else turned out. But for now I am happy with every ounce Hawkins bled out to us readers. My heart is full. 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment