September 10, 2020

5*Review: GROUNDED by Amanda Faye

Title: Grounded

Author: Amanda Faye

Source: eARC for honest review

Goodreads...

Shelby

When shit hits the fan, it splatters everywhere.

As a single woman who works from home, the world shutting down around you isn't impactful. Seriously, what changes? You're already locked away, isolated in your own little bubble.

But then a pandemic strikes, restrictions are put in place, and along comes Derrick.

My childhood crush and my brother's best friend. Oh, did I mention he's a hot as sin Airline Pilot? With a quarantine in full effect, he's grounded two-thousand miles from home and—you've guessed it, begging for my couch and a fridge to eat out of until, well, to be determined.

Locked at home is one thing. Locked inside with Derrick is a whole other beast. I'm officially screwed.



My take...

Shelby lets her brother’s childhood friend, Derrick move in for the unforeseeable future while he is grounded in Atlanta from flying. In return he helps her out around the house with her long honey do list. But let me tell you, it wasn’t all work, if you get what I am saying (wink, wink).

Absolutely love that the first book I am reading about the quarantine is by Faye. She is such a fun, fresh and frisky author. She put a fantastic spin on what it is like for two people who wind up quarantining together with a whole lot of time on their hands. And they spend it wisely. So very wisely.

Now while their ending wasn’t one I saw coming, it still left me with a smile on my face. And it absolutely works for Shelby and Derrick in a way that wouldn’t work for other characters. I am actually hoping Faye has more planned for these two. 5 Stars! 



No comments:

Post a Comment