September 8, 2020

5*Review: SOUTHSIDE HIGH by Michelle Mankin

Title: SOUTHSIDE HIGH

Author: Michelle Mankin

Source: eARC for honest review



Goodreads...

My best friend and I want the same girl. But Lace Lowell is mine. She was mine first. She’ll be mine forever. Sure, she was his friend when they were kids, long before I ever met her. But that’s in the past. This is now. I’m Warren Jinkins. War. My name is my battle cry. I take what I want. I don’t ask, and I want her.

I’m in love with two men. Bryan Jackson is the guitarist in our band, and War is the lead singer. They’re sexy bad boys, the most dangerous guys in our school. All the girls at Southside High want them. But loving two guys is a problem—especially when those two guys also love each other. 



My take...

I absolutely loved that Mankin went back with these characters to how they all began and showed us their pasts. It makes me want to go back and devour the whole Tempest series again. It was so very heartbreaking the turmoil Bryan and Lace endured, all because they let friendships be placed before love.

I got an even deeper look into who War was before we really, truly met him in CAPTIVATING BRIDGE. I am still not 100% sold on him because I have only seen him as a selfish person, but seeing him “before” helped in some ways.

SOUTHSIDE HIGH was fantastic and had me eagerly flipping the digital pages. I loved every bit of it. Such a great read!! 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment