October 23, 2011

Review: Devour by Shelly Crane

Devour by Shelly Crane
book review

Title: Devour

Author: Shelly Crane

Source: ebook from author for review

Publish Date:  expected publication Nov 8, 2011

goodreads...
Clara has it all. A wrestling star boyfriend, popular friends, all the right school activities...pretty much a perfect life...up until her parents died. Now she lives with the Pastor and his family and though they take good care of her, she feels alone. Then her boyfriend, Tate, starts to show signs of trouble when a new guy, Eli, comes to town. Clara is fascinated with him but hides it until something happens. Eli confesses to her that she gives him something he's never had before...something he needs. Everything is about to change for this normal pretty popular girl in a supernatural way.
My take...
Clara is a pretty normal girl, aside from the fact she has lost her parents and her sister never makes time for her. Her friends are the typical popular kids and her boyfriend can be a smidge jealous. And it doesn't help that new guy Eli has eyes for her. When things in her life start getting out of control, Clara must follow her heart to find what and who matters most.
There is so much I want to say about this book but if I did it would give the whole plot away. I want you to read it and be surprised as I was with all the turn of events. What I will say is that Shelly Crane wrote another amazing story that you will absolutely adore. There is something about her writing that pulls you in and consumes you. When I am reading her work I seldom take breaks...the kids will go with out dinner and clean socks...hubby will begin to forget what I look like. Actually that is semi true, the kids are fed, but I cannot promise they have clean socks. Another MUST read from Shelly!

1 comment:

  1. Well you know i'm anxiously waiting for my turn to read it. Shelly's books consume me as well. Gonna have to start a blog just so I can tell everyone how awesome Shelly is.

    ReplyDelete