I will be reviewing Shannon McCrimmon's The Summer I Learned to Dive come July. I love the blurb and think it will be a really good read. So please give a warm welcome to Shannon as she partakes in my Top10.
Since the time she was a little girl, eighteen-year-old Finley “Finn” Hemmings has always lived her life according to a plan, focused and driven with no time for the average young adult’s carefree experiences. On the night of her high school graduation, things take a dramatic turn when she discovers that her mother has been keeping a secret from her—a secret that causes Finn to do something she had never done before—veer off her plan. In the middle of the night, Finn packs her bags and travels by bus to Graceville, SC seeking the truth. In Graceville, Finn has experiences that change her life forever; a summer of love, forgiveness and revelations. She learns to take chances, to take the plunge and to dive right in to what life has to offer.
1. guilty pleasure? Eating kettlecorn. Watching Hallmark movies and reruns of Little House on the Prairie.
2. 1 book you could read over and over?
Can I have two? There are two books that I've read more times than I can count.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.
3. fictional character you would love to spend the day with? Atticus Finch from
To Kill a Mockingbird. I would just sit and listen to him talk, hoping
some of his wisdom would rub off on me.
4. one thing you cannot leave the house without? My wedding band. I feel weird if it's off my finger.
5. fav song/singer? Bluebeard by the Cocteau Twins. I love every single song by this band! I can't understand half of the lyrics, but I can still hum happily along to them.
6. hobby? Writing, reading, watching movies, hiking, and camping.
7. fave movie/actor and/or actress? My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing. Matt Damon's my favorite actor – he's incredibly talented, good looking and smart.
Emma Stone is my favorite actress – she's witty and can make me laugh until my stomach starts to cramp.
8. one place you would love to visit? The Lake District in England, so that I can pretend I'm Elizabeth Bennett touring the countryside.
9. fav food? Can I say my favorite meal? Fudruckers chicken sandwich (yes, they're famous for their hamburgers, but this is the best chicken sandwich in the world) with a Dairy Queen strawberry ice cream sundae.
10. pet peeve? Slow drivers and people who lie.
You know I have never read Pride and Prejudice before. Maybe I need to pick that one up sometime. And I love me some kettlecorn. YUM!
Get to know the Shannon more...