June 6, 2012

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Title: Beautiful Disaster

Author: Jamie McGuire

Source: bought on my nook

Goodreads…
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
Mature Young Adults (language, drinking, sexual situations)

My take…
WOW.OH.WOW! I am blown away by this one. It sucked me in…tossed me around…stole my heart…broke my heart…mended it right back up again…and left me with a brilliant smile on my face when it was all said and done. Yeah, it was that freakin good!
I loved everything about this book…everything! I didn’t want to put it down but hubby did one of his famous ‘Honey it’s 2 am turn off the light’. I really need to invest in a small book light…or at least get the new nook with the glow light. But I picked it right back up the next day and anxiously read until I was finished. Gah, gah, gah! How awesome is Travis? Pretty darn awesome I say! I instantly fell for him. And no matter what he did I still loved him. In fact…I thought that Abby was the one that peeved me off the most throughout the book with her inability to trust and just let Travis love her. But if it wasn’t for her issues and his own…this book wouldn’t have been as great...in fact it would probably be down right boring. Jamie, you did an awesome job and it was such a fantastic book.
This is definitely a must read. Yes...it’s more for the older/mature YA reader or adult readers due to its content. Oh and I heard a song on the radio today that was just perfect for this book. Its ‘You don’t know her like I do’ by Brantley Gilbert. And this part of the song is so Travis when going through the many valleys with Abby…
        You don't know her like I do
        You'll never understand
        You don't know we've been through
        That girl's my best friend
        There's no way you're gonna help me
        She's the only one who can
        No, you don't know how much I've got to lose
        No, you'll never know how much I've got to lose
        You don't know her like I do


Right? Am I right? Go read Beautiful Disaster…and you can thank me later.

Here is the song I was talking about...


7 comments:

  1. Brilliant review and I love the song too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read this badly, my (very slow) library still doesn't have it. Great review.. :(

      Jenea @ Books Live Forever

      Delete
  2. Great review!! I loved Beautiful Disaster! I reviewed it a few weeks ago.

    Leigh Ann @ flyingonsilverwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my all-time favorite books! I'm so glad you loved it. I can't wait for Travis' POV now! WOOT

    ReplyDelete