June 8, 2012

Review: Echo of an Earth Angel by Sarah M. Ross

Title: Echo of an Earth Angel

Author: Sarah M. Ross

Publisher: 4 Corners Press

Source: eARC for reivew

Expected Release Date: June 12, 2012

goodreads...
18 year old Tessa Copeland barely survived the worst year of her life—in fact, it was a miracle. After making it through the tragedy that killed both of her parents, she’s left to pick up the pieces of her life. Combating the holes in her memory and the concern of her friends was hard enough, but a new talent threatens to destroy everything she’s trying to reclaim.

David Allegri didn’t mean to ruin Tessa’s life. She was the brightest soul he’d seen in centuries and he couldn’t let her die, so the fallen angel used his abilities to heal her—only he took it too far and changed Tessa forever. Now, he has to figure out a way to explain what’s happening to Tessa and somehow protect both of them from the consequences.

His choice made them targets for the Hunters, who will use any means necessary to capture their prey. Only a desperate plan can help them escape, and sacrifices will be made. Time is ticking. Will they make it, or will they be lost to the echoes of fate?

My take...
First I want to thank Sarah Ross for sending me an eARC of Echo of an Earth Angel. I fell in love with her other book, Awaken, back in January. So to say I was excited to read another book for a different series is an understatement. I hope when you read her books you enjoy them as much as I have.
Tessa has been home for a bit recovering from an awful tragedy; one where she lost both her parents. She was almost a casualty as well when she took a bullet to her head saving a young girl. With sections of her memory is gone she must learn to move on. But when something strange happens one night at dinner Tessa is forced to believe that angels really do exist…and this is only the beginning for her.
David is a fallen angel that is out to do what he was made for: heal! He can no longer sit idly by watching some people heal while others suffer. So one night long ago he defied Heaven above and went rogue. But now that he has met Tessa and changed her…he wonders if he went too far. Will she run from him when she learns the truth or accept her fate?
I enjoyed the relationship that started budding between Tessa and David, but wished they would have had more time together. It would have helped make the feelings Tessa was feeling a little more believable. To me that part felt a little rushed. But man do I adore David and I am hoping for a happy outcome for him and Tessa in the next book. But with that cliff hanger of an ending I better be crossing my fingers and toes! Cause it doesn’t look good.
Echo of an Earth Angel was a wonderful read with lots of twists that kept me guessing up until the very end. I knew something didn’t sit well with me with a certain character and I was proved right. Now my interest is peaked for the second book. If you are a fan of angels and suspense this one is for you. So be sure to pick up Echo of an Earth Angel as soon as it’s out.


1 comment:

  1. This looks sooo good! Just added it to my TBR list...

    Great Review :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete