August 2, 2012

Mini Review: Sleeping Handsome by Jean Haus


Title: Sleeping Handsome

Author: Jean Haus

Source: got free on kindle




goodreads...
Paige should have never agreed to do her best friend’s project. Reading to a boy in a coma is just plain creepy, but her English teacher somehow thinks her acting skills make it the perfect community service match. But when she finds the boy’s journal hidden among his books, things turn from creepy to interesting.

My mini take...
Paige gets caught cheating at school and her punishment is reading to a boy who has been in a coma for 4 months. What starts off as creepy situation turns into something much more rewarding. Paige finds that she can truly be herself as she reads and talks to Zach. But when she finds his hidden journal she learns he also is something much more than a lifeless boy. And it doesn’t take long for her to fall for the sleeping handsome.

My friend Gloria from Globug and Hootie Needa Book Blog recommended this book one day when it was free. So of course if she recommends something, I don’t doubt her. I started reading it a couple weeks ago between books on my phone. But a review came up that I had to finish so Sleeping Handsome got shelved. Today I decided to dive again while my girls were at karate. And I was so glad I did. This book is a very short, quick read…but so worth it. I found it to be funny, sweet, and hard to put down.

Sleeping Handsome is just the book for those looking for a cute read in between books. Got an afternoon with nothing to do? Check this book out and you will finish it with a smile on your face. Looking forward to more books by Jean Haus.


2 comments:

  1. I read this book several weeks ago and really enjoyed it! Once I started it, I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I highly recommend it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower. I really liked the book. I thought it was cute and funny. Plus the ending was good.

    My blog - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete