I am a 1993 graduate of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Dance Education. I have seventeen years of experience in education and currently teach Dance and Theater Arts to high school students in southeastern North Carolina. Dancing, acting and writing are all forms of communication. Each form requires exceptional creativity and passion to inspire and impress an audience. I have enjoyed a passion for reading, writing, and the arts since I was a child. As an adult I’ve enjoyed having the opportunity to share my passion for the arts with children. It only seems appropriate that delving into the world of teen fiction would be the next logical step in my life.
1. fav movie/actor/actress? AND 2. fav song/singer?
At the risk of sounding boring, I don't really have favorites. I have always found it difficult to choose just one thing as a favorite which is probably strange to most people. I tend to prefer mysteries/thrillers and chick flicks at the movies. I don't really keep up with who is who in the Hollywood lime light so there are no fav's there. I love music, all kinds - pop and R&B, good old fashion rock n roll, country, classical, alternative.... current and past. I am partial to talented singers. So many singers today cannot sing (I'm sorry, but this is true). Taylor Swift is soooo darn cute, but seriously, she needs to stick to the writing and composing of music, just sayin'.
3. fav place you would love to visit? I would love to go to Europe, especially Scotland.The highlands are breathtaking and the castles look so enchanting. It would be like stepping into a fairy tale.
4. one item you can not live with out? My Kindle. I would die if I didn't have access to a good book at all times.
5. who would you like to meet?(dead or alive) Edgar Alan Poe - I know he was crazy but his writing is so incredible. A Tell Tale Heart is one of my favorite stories.
6. fav hobby? Another fav, yikes! Well, I love reading, writing, teaching, directing, dancing... Nope, can't choose, sorry.
7. guilty pleasure? That would be a tie between Duncan Donuts' Mocha Mint coffee and chocolate, any kind of chocolate.
8. fav author and/book? Well, this week it's J.A. Templeton and her MacKinnon Curse series... Seriously, I really can't choose. Let's just say I tend to gravitate toward any good paranormal, romance or thriller I can get my hands on.
9. do you collect anything? I have a weakness for shoes and rings. I don't know that I necessarily collect them but I find it very hard to resist purchasing them.
10. fav color? purple and green
Amy Jones' links:
Young Adult Paranormal Romance/Speculative Fiction Author My Blog http://amyjonesyaff.blogspot.com
My Website http://www.soulquesttrilogy.com
My Books Soulless; The Story of Shayan, The Soul Quest Trilogy, Prequel http://www.amazon.com/Soulless-Story-Shayan-Quest-Trilogy/dp/1468002465/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_4
Soul Quest, The Soul Quest Trilogy, Book One
The Guardians of Souls, The Soul Quest Trilogy, Book Two
Soul Deep, The Soul Quest Trilogy, Book Three
The Glassheart Chronicles (Co - Author; A series of paranormal romance short stories.) http://www.amazon.com/The-Glassheart-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B005F50GOK/ref=pd_sim_kinc_4?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2
Wildflower, The Wildflower Series, Book One