April 15, 2013

Review: SILENCING BREATH by Joanne Brothwell

Title: SILENCING BREATH

Author: Joanne Brothwell

Source: ebook from author for review

AMAZON  B&N  

goodreads...
Silencing Breath, book two in the Stealing Breath series.

Just as Sarah Ross is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an Indigo Child and settling into a normal life with her beloved Evan, her entire world shatters when Evan disappears without a trace.

Desperate to find him, Sarah’s search leads her to a sadistic serial killer who confirms her worst fears are true; Evan has been kidnapped, and he is once again in the clutches of his abusive family of necromancers.

Sarah uncovers not only Evan's dark past he tried so desperately to protect her from, but also The Key of Solomon, an ancient text for summoning the dead.

Knowing her abilities are limited in the face of this ancient power, Sarah is forced to face the Malandanti in order to save him. However, one question remains: once he is found, will Evan be the same man she fell in love with?

My take...
Only problem I seemed to find was I still don't understand what and Indigo Child is. That was my problem in the first book. I didn't feel it was explained enough for us readers. Is it just that she can read others feelings and dive into their minds? Because that still isn’t enough of an explanation for me. I thought we'd have more answers but in the end I felt there was more questions instead.
Okay I lied, the Indigo Child thing wasn’t my only problem. The other problem was Sarah. I hated that she was so strong willed at times she gave hardly no thought to the lives of her friends. She was so focused on getting Evan back that she put everyone's lives at risk and people got killed. I understand she loves him and wants to get him back safe and sound, but the others, I felt, were being used.
Ok, now for something I starting to like in the story. Stefano. I know, crazy right? Dude was all kinds of crazy in the last book and now I am starting to like him. Don't go getting the straight jacket fitted for me just yet. I still questioned his loyalty. And it is not until the very end that I think I know where his loyalty lies. Where you may ask? Ha! Like I am going to say and ruin the story for you. Guess you are just going to have to read and find out.
I did absolutely hate where the author took Evan...only because I loved him so much in book one. But I know she had to shake things up a bit or there wouldn't have been much of a story. So kudos to Brothwell for going out of a comfort zone and making this a great book. I look forward to what is to come with Evan as the series continues.
Just as STEALING BREATH was a page turner, this one was too. It was a good story that kept my interest the entire time and was paced well throughout. I adore this series and think the author is amazing and imaginative And yes…I recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment