June 27, 2013

Review: LOVE, TINK by Elle Strauss {Complete Series Review}

Title: LOVE, TINK (Complete Series)

Author: Elle Strauss

Source: ebook from author for review

GOODREADS

goodreads...
Originally published as six separate novella episodes, Love, Tink the complete series is all six stories together in one volume.

Tink is hopelessly smitten with Peter, the leader of the Lost Boys who'd mysteriously arrived at Neverland two years ago. Unfortunately, Peter is tired of the adventure and especially tired of dodging Captain Hook who is after his head. He just wants to go back to New York City and live his life as a normal fifteen year old

Tink is the only one who can help Peter return, but it breaks her heart to do it. She just wants to make him happy, so she does the unthinkable and betrays the fairy king. Now her heart is filled with remorse. Should she go after Peter? Should she follow him to his New York?

My take...
I just adored this book so very much. I mean who wouldn't love a book about what would happen to love sick Tink if Peter were to leave Neverland and go back to his home in New York. Would she be able to let him go after never being able to tell him how she feels? Would she be able to live her life without her best friend and the love of her life? And what would happen if she followed him there and found that he had moved on with his life and forgot all about her and his time in Neverland? What would happen if he found love with someone else?
He reaches for a book and it falls unto the floor by my feet. I bend down impulsively and he does the same. Our hands reach for the book at the exact moment, his fingers brushing mine. It's magical. Time stops. Our eyes lock and I stop breathing. I search the ocean blueness of his gaze, hoping for a glimmer of recognition. Does he know me?
Strauss did an amazing job giving us readers a book that holds the reader's attention the entire time. Readers will experience a little bit of romance, some mystery, and a heck of a lot of suspense. All ages will get into this one as we follow Tink and Peter to New York, back to his home. Here I am in my 30's and just adored it. My 10 year old has read the first episode and loved it just as much as me. So glad to finally have a book that we can both enjoy and talk about. Isn't reading fun?
After reading through the whole series I got to thinking...how awesome would it be to know what else the future holds for Tink and Peter. Seriously, I wouldn't hate if the author made a new series based on them in the future. Just a thought *Wink, Wink*

I recommend this read to anyone and everyone who has ever had a love for Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Readers will get a kick out of this old tale with a modern take. So please pick it up today and enjoy the magic!


No comments:

Post a Comment