July 20, 2013

Review: AFTERMATH by Jenna-Lynne Duncan

Title: AFTERMATH

Author: Jenna-Lynne Duncan

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...
Adriana can’t decide which is harder- living in post-Katrina New Orleans or living with two immortal brothers. Ana and Hayden are finally together but Hayden’s brother Luke is trying to come between them… and he has never been known to play fair. Ana is still attempting to cling to her normal life despite psychic visions taking over her dreams. With Mardi Gras season approaching and a vision of a murder, Ana will find out if she can really change the future or if she’s just upsetting a very delicate balance. What she could never predict was just how far Luke would go to satisfy his obsession…

My take...
When I first finished HURRICANE I was instantly wanting to read AFTERMATH. And it seemed like forever before AFTERMATH would be released. I had to know where Ana's heart was. Did she really love Hayden like she claimed? Or was there some hidden feelings aching to get out for Luke? And let me tell you...we don't get any answers in this one. At least to me, I felt her feelings were all over the place; so hot and cold. I seriously got motion sickness watching her emotions jump around throughout the story. I will say though, that I believe this happened for a reason. When you read the story you will start to understand why her life is spiraling around like a tornado. Her emotions, her feelings...they are a massive energy about ready to burst at any given second for a very important reason.
So I mentioned that her emotions were all over the place? Well to me it seemed the story was too at times. Well, maybe not so much all over the place...just a lot happens. Like almost too much. In just a short period of time that the book takes place we are thrown from one scene to another with barely enough time to catch our breaths and take in what just happened. But I will say it was enough to keep me on my toes and not put this book down until I was finished. I absolutely inhaled it. I had to know where Duncan was taking this series and nothing was getting in the way of me finishing this book.
Unfortunately, for the answers we did get...many more questions were presented. But that’s okay...Duncan knows what she was doing. She leaves the reader with that same itch, that same want for book 3 like she did for book 2. This story is straight up crack. I need to know what will happen next. So, I beg of you Duncan...don't keep us waiting for our next fix. Pretty please?
Be warned wary readers of love triangles...there is most definitely one in this book. I know some of you don't like them...but me? I love them. Well I love them if the triangle is equal on all sides. You know, where the girl isn’t 100% certain she wants one of the guys…she could possibly have feelings for both? That is how this one is. That is where the hot-and-cold-feelings-that-are-all-over-the-place come in to play. You really truly don't know what Ana wants and it is exciting to see who she will choose...if she chooses.
If you have read HURRICANE AND TEMPEST you know you have to read this one. Right? Absolutely. It's a fact. But if you haven't taken the time to pick up this series, do it now. You are most definitely missing out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment