September 29, 2013

Review: LOVE AND DECAY, Epi 7 by Rachel Higginson


Title: Love and Decay #7

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: bought at smashwords




goodreads...
Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Reagan and crew are making their way through Oklahoma, still heading south and still trying to survive. They are low on food, without any firearms and fresh from a week of walking around in the midst of aggressive, intellectual Zombies.

They are exhausted and more than a little bit nervous about their current situation.

But that all seems to turn around when they not only find a van big enough to hold them all comfortably but a safe place to stay for the night. The girls take time to pamper themselves and bond and Reagan and Hendrix get close with some much needed alone time.

When they decide to loot a gun emporium, they hope for the best but find the worst. They have to fight their way through hordes of Zombies, praying the reward is greater than the risk. And that they all make it out alive.

Love and Decay, Episode Seven, is the seventh in a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words.

My take...
First of all, a couple weekends ago, this happened....


Then lastnight, when LOVE AND DECAY #7 went live, this happened....
Hope you all enjoy MY book! ;)

The group is trying its hardest to get as far away from Arkansas and the evil that once held some of them captive. Fear still lurks in Reagan's mind that Kane will find her and make good on his promise to keep her. But right now, they need to find food and weapons before they can go any further. Because without both you are as good as zombie food.

***
I was humming, vibrating with feelings from him- with what he did to me, with how he made me feel. It was like I was dead before Hendrix. Like I had become the same as the desolate wasteland of the once thriving civilizations I lived in but Hendrix was the cure-he was my vibrancy again, my safe haven. He was my utopia in a world where nothing good remained.
***

I am enjoying this whole new side of Reagan we are getting. I love watching her internally explore her feelings for Hendrix and even some dormant ones for Vaughan. Yes, however small they seem, there is still something there. But for now, she is focusing on the ones she has for Hendrix. She can no longer deny him; he absolutely overcomes her and she is realizing she is enjoying it. Very much so.

***
He was so much more than I could have asked for-so much more than I ever expected to find.
And I have no idea what to do with all my emotions.
***

This episode, just like each one before, was intense as usual. One part I feared for Reagan and thought it might be the end for her after all. (I feel like I am repeating myself here from a previous review)But she came out like a gun slinging champ. (Not really a spoiler...where would this series be if Higginson killed her off? Am I right?) But the emotion that Higginson packs into such a short little story is beyond crazy. I always have to take a few minutes to come down from the adrenaline rush it puts me in. These short stories are such a rush!

Now that they have more people in the group we can count on things will get a bit crazier, that is for sure. I am eager to see what will come of Tyler and the obvious elephant in the room: her and Vaughan’s feelings for each other. What seems like hate…I feel is much, much more. As always, I need more and looking forward to more adventures Higginson is sure to dish out.

No comments:

Post a Comment