October 11, 2013

Mini Review: ONYX by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: ONYX

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Source: bought on B&N

AMAZON  B&N
GOODREADS

goodreads...
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

My mini take...
On one hand I applaud Kat's way of handling our favorite alien, Daemon, wanting to know if their feelings are real and not the result of their new connection. On the other, she really got on my nerves in this one. She was an idiot keeping crucial information from Daemon that ended up hurting a lot of people in the end.

Loved Daemon so much more in this one than I did in the first book. He was a tyrant running loose in OBSIDIAN. I severely wanted to punch him in that one. But in this one, we get a new and improved version. This Daemon is much easier to stomach. He dropped his asshat ways and became a much tolerable person. Well alien, but whatevs. I just hate the way Kat would treat him at times. I do understand where she was coming from though. He had hurt her painfully before and in return she just wasn't going to give in so easily to his charming ways.

This series is definitely addictive and I can see why so many people love it and love Daemon. Hopefully I will find some time between reviews to pick up Opal and continue on with the series. I absolutely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment