December 28, 2013

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Kane's POV {Kane's Law} by Rachel Higginson


Title: LOVE AND DECAY {Kane's Law}

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: ebook FREE at Smashwords


goodreads...
Kane Allen had been one thing for the last two years and one thing only: A soldier.

The Zombie Apocalypse changed the entire landscape of his future, and turned him from a simple small town boy into a fearless warrior. Battling Zombies hordes daily, dealing with the declining morality of civilization and combatting the darkness that haunts his own mind, Kane has been a little lost and more than alone for almost two years. And he expects his world to stay that way.

That is until a routine patrol through the forest brings him face to face with something so lovely he begins to feel hope for the first time in years.

Reagan Willow is more than a well-deserved reward for his hard work, she is the goodness that’s been missing from his black existence, she is a light for his dark world, she is his redemption. And he plans to hold on to her with everything he has.

If only she felt the same way.

Even though Kane claims her as his own in front of the entire Colony, his fight to keep her is not over. Reagan doesn’t want anything to do with him and looks for every opportunity to escape. But he isn’t just planning to lock her away; Kane wants to build something with Reagan. Something real. Something lasting.

In order to do that he must make her trust him first and before it’s too late.

Love and Decay, Kane’s Law, is the first episode in the Love and Decay, Novella Series told from Kane’s point of View; and a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words.


My take...
I'll be the first to admit that Kane doesn't do it for me. Much. Ok, he did do a little bit. But I still think he is a whack job.

This is the first episode told from Kade's POV and it pains me to say I felt his charm working on me from the beginning of the book. BUT!!! But I still didn't get the warm fuzzies some of you's got. I know some of you love Kane. And I get it. It's the glasses right? Ugh. I know. I am a fool for a man with glasses, too. But I just can't get over all his whack-a-doo ideas and his need to claim and control Reagan. It is just not right. There is only one man that is meant for Reagan and that man is Hendrix.

***
I had lost my soul out of necessity, not because I relished being a monster.
There were certain lines that I would not cross-not even with a gift like this.
***

It was still a great chance to see what someone else is thinking through all this mess. I find his inner mind workings interesting. Albeit crazy...but interesting none the less. Kane is such a complicated and complex character, his story had to be told. There was no other way around it. And if I had to guess I would guess that Higginson is already thinking about another story from his POV *cough* Maybe the scene they are stuck together in the bunker. *cough*

***
Deep down, I knew that my choices and actions were for the good of humanity, that my choices to keep Reagan was for her own good. If I had to prove that to her one day at a time for the rest of my life, I would. But I was the good guy here. She just didn't know it yet.
***

Absolutely, wholeheartedly love this series. I will take it any way I can get it...even in Kane's POV. I don't think I will ever tire of reading about these amazing characters that I have instantly fell in love with from the first time I read episode one. A must read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment