March 10, 2015

Review: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 3, Epi 7 by Rachel Higginson

Title: LOVE AND DECAY: Season 3, Epi 7

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after.

Reagan and the Parkers have finally rescued Page just in time for their favorite family activity- killing Zombies.

When they are attacked in the middle of the night, Reagan heads out with some Parkers to protect the bungalow. It’s been a while since Reagan has gone head to head with a Zombie and she’s a little rusty. Thankfully, Hendrix has her back.

And her heart.

After another near death experience, Reagan and Hendrix are forced to face the feelings they’ve tried to bury. Hendrix has more to say and it is not what Reagan expects.

When they finally find the courage to be honest with each other, can they come out on the other side unscathed? Or at the end of the world will they be able to find a happily ever after?

Love and Decay, Episode Seven is the seventh episode in Season Three of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with.

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words. 


My take...

*Please do not read my review if you have yet to read the previous episodes. It may very well contain spoilers.

***
I knew I loved Hendrix.
And I knew I would never love anyone as much as I loved this man.
He was my forever. I didn't know how long that would last. We could die in the next five minutes. That was a real possibility.
But that didn't matter either. I could live for another minute or the next eighty years and I would never stop loving him. He had become reason for my cluttered mind, hope for my hopeless spirit and the motive to keep my heart beating.
That was all I needed to know.
***

But does Hendrix feel the same? Reagan and Hendrix decide here and now what lies ahead for them. Will they be together once again, or are they finally over it once and for all? This episode is the moment of truth for them.

But that is not all that happens....

Because we’re back with the zombies!! Heck yeah we are. Guts and rotting flesh zombies. I am giddy with excitement as the group goes head to rotting head with them once again. Yes, I find joy when our favorite people are attacked by the undead. Of course I am fine with it because I know they can hold their own when up against them. In fact, I miss when there isn't much zombie action. These people kick major butt and it is always a thrill to read about it.

Then you got.....well, I better not tell you everything, right? Just trust me on this. You are going to be all over the place as this episode comes to an end. Major developments start emerging for the group and yep, you guessed it...the future is anyone's guess. Things could go entirely right for once...or oh so wrong as usual. All I know is I am ready for the next one. I am eager to see what happens. 5 Holy Moly Zombie Flesh Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment