April 13, 2015

Review: FALLING FROM THE SKY by Sarina Bowen

Title: FALLING FROM THE SKY

Author: Sarina Bowen

Source: eBook from author for review



goodreads...

She's the woman he doesn't remember. He's the man she can't forget.

Bad boy Hank “Hazardous” Lazarus used to have everything: a gorgeous girlfriend, a career as a freestyle snowboarder and a spot on the US Olympic team. Nine months ago, after a bad crash in the half pipe, he woke up in the hospital, unable to move his legs. Now he’s landed there again, but gravity is not the culprit. With his family pressuring him to try a groundbreaking treatment, Hank self-medicates with too much tequila instead.

Doctor Callie Anders has the courage to restart a patient’s heart with a thousand volts of electricity, yet she’s afraid to risk her own. So she doesn’t confess to her newest patient they met just before the accident, an encounter that he doesn’t remember. Even as their friendship develops, she won’t admit that she regrets turning down his dinner invitation, or that her heart stutters every time those inked shoulders roll through the door of the therapy department.

With another Vermont winter coming again, Hank needs a hand out from under the avalanche of his disappointments. If only Callie were brave enough to take the job.

This book is a standalone novel, no cliffhangers, no prior experience necessary.


My take...

When I first started FALLING FROM THE SKY, I realized it was book 2 of a series. Thankfully it is done where you don't have to read book one to enjoy it. But I will say that after reading just a couple pages and seeing the characters from book one, I immediately went and bought it. Their story interested me so much. So if you are just hearing about this series for the first time, don't think that my review of this book will ruin the first one. I promise it won't.

I first fell in love with Bowen's writing in THE YEAR WE FELL DOWN. It was absolutely amazing. The thing I loved most was the fact that the main characters were in wheelchairs. To me, this was an obstacle I haven't read before.

And I know what you are probably thinking: Overkill with the wheelchair plot. I actually thought it would be too. Like the storylines would run parallel to each other. Not so. I was pleasantly surprised that the author took it somewhere different making them 2 totally different stories. Job well done.

Romance is another thing this author knows how to write. I love her characters and I am smitten with the romance she tells. Now while I do favor the love story between Hartley and Corey (THE YEAR WE FELL DOWN) the most from Bowen's books, Hank and Callie come in a close second.


Looking forward to reading more and more books by Bowen and cannot wait to see what fresh and entertaining stories she comes up with next. 5 Most Definitely Recommend Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment