May 30, 2015

5 Star Review: LIKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL by Shannon McCrimmon

Title: LIKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL

Author: Shannon McCrimmon

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

In this sequel to Kiss Me Hard Before You Go, Evie Barnes is living day-to-day, trying to keep her father's land and his cattle business afloat. She is adjusting to his absence and to living with Finch and the rest of the carnies, which is creating quite a stir amongst the locals in Haines.

As Finch and the others learn a new way of life that doesn't involve the carnival, they're dealing with prejudice from almost everyone in town. A string of suspicious incidents occur, prompting all fingers to point the blame at them.

Just when Evie and Finch learn to deal with the mountain of obstacles facing them, the unexpected happens, causing them to question if their relationship can survive it all.


My take...

She was a supernova. The stars. The moon and the sky. She was magnificent.
**

Ever since I finished KISS ME HARD BEFORE YOU GO , I had been wondering about those beloved characters I came to love. What came of them all? Did Evie and Finch find their happily ever after? Did a small town like Haines end up welcoming their newest additions with open arms? Or has life been a constant struggle ever since we last saw them?

We find all of that and so much more in LIKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL. We see some sides of our favorite characters we wasn't sure existed. Maybe because I held them up on a higher pedestal than I honestly should have. It wasn't a bad side, just understandable at the time and with the circumstances that were handed to them. But I truly loved it and the characters even more now. We got to know them even more and that just threaded them deeper into my heart.

LIKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL was such a beautiful story full of that fun, first love (but real love) romance and wonder. McCrimmon pens a book so wonderfully done you feel a part of it all somehow. She also captures the time period remarkably, so it shows she did her research. She really did an amazing job bringing this story to life and I am happy to have read it, because I enjoyed it oh so much. 5 You May Need The Tissues Stars! (Because I sure did!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review, Mandy! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete