August 30, 2015

5 Star Review: SKETCHY LOVE by Lila Felix

Title: SKETCHY LOVE from the box set

Author: Lila Felix

Source: eARC from author for review



Amazon...

"I've drawn his face all my life. His images come to me without warning. The thing is-I've never met him in real life. But something tells me he's waiting for me too."

Fasta is an artist, not by choice, but by force. Since she could grip a pen her gift demanded she draw, sometimes until her fingers bled and tears blurred the ink. She hopes for the day she meets the boy, the one whose face has matured along with hers, hoping he can give her answers, or at least make the incessant need to sketch him stop. One day her drawings will come to life. But reality isn't quite what she'd hoped for.


My take...

SKETCHY LOVE is a wonderful short read that is perfect for anyone who needs a fantastic read in-between books. What you think is starting out as a contemporary soon turns into something more and something intriguing. It absolutely got my attention from the start.

***
My quickened heartbeat told me that any second she could look up and I'd be caught.
The knowledge grounded me even more.
I needed her to look up. I needed our eyes to meet and for her to see me as not some boy who just showed up out of nowhere.
I needed for her to see me as she once did.
As she always did.
***

I am not going to lie, I could stand for more of Saint and Fasta in my life. They were wonderful characters. And even though this is a short story, I felt I was able to get to know them in a lot of ways. And in some ways there was a mystery still left about them. Definitely leaving them open for more to come, should the author choose to do so. And I really hope she chooses to. They have stories to tell.

Another must read from Felix! I hope you will give SKETCHY LOVE a go. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment