December 31, 2015

I Read Indie's 15 Favorites of 2015 {Year End Wrap Up}

Just wanted to do a quick year end post of my Favorite 15 books of 2015. I didn't get to read as much as I would have liked all thanks to a new addition to our family. She came 9 days into the new year and kept me busy and extremely tired when it came time to read at night. But she is definitely worth it. 
I mean, just look at that face tho!


But I have been blessed beyond measure this year. Just look at these girls and tell me I haven't. I dare you.

Ohhhh, I forgot to mention how blessed I've been on the blog as well. For not getting a whole lot done it seems, and forgetting numerous posts I was supposed to do...I was nominated for Best Blogger at UtopYA this year. And won Best Blog at PennedCon.
Isn't my assistant just the cutest?



Any how, so here they are in no particular order....

The Eva Series rocked my tired little world. Zombies...need I say more? I would love to have this author do more with this genre. I NEED this author to do more with this genre. 


This author can do no wrong in my eyes. So when she made a book about a half human/half zombie I knew it would be great and it was. 


It is hard to pick one book from this series that is my favorite, but this one has been top out of them all so far! Need a good, creepy read? Get this one! But first get the other 2 before it. You'll thank me later.



This book tore me up before it slowly pieced me back together again. So much love for it and this author. 


WOW! Talk about a book that did me in in such a fantastic way. It took me days to get over the book hangover that it brought on. A MUST, MUST read!


This series was such a delight to read. I loved each of the characters as they told their stories, but this one was my favorite. Loved seeing Amber getting her chance to tell her story.


How can I not add this book? Crane brings us yet another beautifully told story and I would gladly read it again and again and again. I need more!


Even though I only rated this book 4 Stars there is something that still pulls at me about this book. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but I would definitely recommend it. 



I adored the heck out of this book. And I am crazy about this author as well. 


One of my all time favorite shifter series...this book was amazing and beautifully told. Just like all her other books.


This author knows how to write the romance. And when you throw in a shifter storyline you have my favorite series by her. Cannot get enough of her books. 


Higginson started a new journey with her LOVE AND DECAY serials, and I gotta tell you...it is zombie'licious! Probably my all time favorite series ever. I drop things for this one. 

And for those that haven't started the series, you can still read Revolution first without missing anything. But here is the link to Volume 1, Season One just in case. And it is FREE


I just wrapped this series up a couple nights ago and it is one of my absolute favorites. I love the suspense and the romance this author put into the story. Doesn't hurt that Luke is easy on the eyes, either. 

This is one of those books where the author writes a story about the "Everyday Woman" getting the "Celeb Guy". It was exactly what I was looking for at that exact moment when I read it. I cannot wait to see what else happens in the story. It left me wanting and needing more. 

All I can say about this book is read it. Give yourself some time and just read it. Live it, devour it, become one with it. You'll thank me later. I promise. 





What am I looking forward to in 2016?

My name is Maxton and I’m a trader.

I live on a soulless planet where gravity, oxygen, and everything else are sold to the highest bidder on the black market. People are sold on the black market, too. You have to work really hard not to become one of those people. Pay your taxes, keep your friends and family close, and more than anything else—don’t get caught by the Militia. But all the rules changed for me the day I found her.

My name is Sophelia and I’m a stowaway.

I’ve been a slave for almost as long as I can remember. Waiting for the one day, one second, for my proprietor to turn his head so I could run and never look back. Now I'm on the run. And on a planet where no one is on your side and people would turn you in for a good meal or a piece of a silver, being on the run on Landu is the last place you want to be. Until he found me.

I won't survive without him.

I can't breathe without her.
 




Some people say West Rutledge saved Jules Blacklin's life when he grabbed her hand the night their town was hit by a devastating tornado.

West says Jules saved his. 

Read his side of the story...


**This is West's POV of From The Wreckage, book one**


(Let me say this book is going to do all kinds of things to me. I just know it. West is my fictional soul mate. He has to be.)


"No matter what his words conveyed, Theo would leave me soon. It was just a matter of time."
The Fray is calling Theo. Every day, the voices get louder. Every minute, he gets pulled closer. Every second, their love is tested. Their life is a constant question of who they can trust and who they can't.
Sanctum, Theo's brother and enemy, stalks them like a predator, waiting for his chance to pounce.
Theo will leave Colby soon to do what he, as the Eidolon, was born to do. He can't deny the yearning in his heart to go, but he can't find it in his heart to leave.
Colby will be left with a decision. She can wither like the mates of Eidolon before her or she can go after the Synod, the women who murdered her grandmother, while Theo is gone.
With Theo missing and Colby desperate, Sanctum is only too eager to fill in…
Lighting Sealed is Book Two in the Lucent Series.
 


(Not to mention a list of other books by this lady!! I cannot wait to get my hands on each and every one of them. This is going to be a kick butt rear for her!!)



I'm sure there are many, many more I can list here, but my fragile mind from lack of sleep cannot scrounge any more up. What were some of your favorites from 2015? What are you looking forward to in the upcoming new year?

Happy New Years!!!











6 comments:

  1. May I just insert a bunch of hearts on this post? Thank you!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to be on this list TWICE!!! You just made my day!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I'm so honored to have RYAN REVISITED on your list!! And with so many amazing books and some of my favorite authors! I'm so glad RR is still sticking around with you! Thank you, Mandy!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything by Michele G Miller. Especially West. Man that boy destroyed me for all other book boyfriends. Michele surely knows how to write them doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have similar tastes. I need to finish Ryan Revisited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg your girls are gorgeous! I hope you guys have a great new year! Thanks for the recs, there's several I had and some I didnt know about ;)

    ReplyDelete