January 18, 2017

Interview: Terry John Barto, Author of NICKERBACHER #ChildrensBook

*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author? Teaching 2nd grade. I did a reading of my picture book to a class and love that age group. I'd like to be a positive influence.

*5 years ago: what were you doing? Directing and Choreographing theatrical shows. Which is what I did for several years.

*Do you have a certain writing ritual? Not really, at first I wrote Nickerbacher, the Funniest Dragon on an In & Out Burger bag. 

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? My editor was tough on me and I'm okay with that because I want it to be the best possible. At the same time, she always believed in me and encouraged me to keep going. But there was one idea that I had that was such a mess that I just scraped it. Like in life, you just keep trying and good things will happen.

*Is there an author you'd like to meet? I would say William Shakespeare 'cause of the theater connection. And the brilliance.

*Biggest writing pet peeve? Cant' think of one.

*Do you read other's reviews of your books? I do indeed. I really try to learn from any negative things that might be said.

Fav Color: Blue

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with: Minnie Mouse

Fav food: Mexican

Fav song and/or singer: Barbra Streisand

Guilty pleasure: Binge watching home improvement shows.
Nickerbacher's award winning author Terry John Barto is a director and choreographer of 200+ regional theater productions, industrials, television, and cruise ship shows throughout the United States and abroad. As creative director for Wings of Dreams Productions, he honed diverse ideas into compelling fiction family stories, wrote screenplays for animation features, and inspired a team of artists to develop dolls and action figures. Nickerbacher will inspire kids of all ages to dream big.
He lives in Los Angeles, California and enjoys Pilates, Yoga, and hiking with his dachshunds, Hunter and Mazie. Terry John Barto is also the author of Gollywood, Here I Come! For more information, please go to gollywoodhereicome.com


Nickerbacher is a dragon and aspiring comedian who travels to La La Land to audition for The Late Knight Show. Hoping to prove to his father – and the world – that dragons can be funny.
Nickerbacher befriends a prince and a princess who help him realize his dream while paving the way for equal rights of all citizens.
Ages 7-10 Juvenile Fiction – Early Chapter Books


No comments:

Post a Comment