August 25, 2017

5*Review: THE GIRL WHO KICKED A** by Angel Lawson

Title:THE GIRL WHO KICKED ASS (book 3)

Author: Angel Lawson

Source: Kindle Unlimited


Goodreads…

Alexandra barely escapes the epic battle against the genetically modified Hybrids and a horde of deadly Eaters but finds herself in an even more dangerous situation. Will she need to make a deal with the devil to alter the course of humanity? The thrilling next installment of The Death Fields continues Alexandra's story as she fights for the survival of herself and her friends while also trying save the world from her destructive family.


My take…

He’s almost to me and I breathe relief, reaching for his hand. Our fingers touch, cold meeting hot. A scream pierces the fog and the world explodes, brick and dirt raining down from the sky. A shadow emerges from the edges and I can’t run to or away from it if I wanted to. The world rumbles beneath my feet and I fall back into an endless cloud of darkness.
***

Y’all! My heart is seriously stuck in my throat after that ending. That seriously crazy, what the heck ending. I had tears falling. Oh my heart!!

But let's start from the beginning, shall we? I had my reservations with how THE GIRL WHO PUNCHED BACK ended. I was worried for my peoples and if they were escaping one bad dude for a different one. Could things actually get worse for them? Had this once bad dude changed his ways and made a turn from the dark side? I guess there was only one way to find out, huh? So I did. I read and read and read. And in the end, I am still on the fence about once bad dude. I guess only time will tell.

This book had me all out of sorts. And yet again, it was a good thing. I love what this series does to me. I love the feels it pulls forth and the way it twists my insides with fear of what is lurking with the next twist of the story. So many twists. So many emotions. So much goodness.

I am not sure if this is a quick read or just so dang good I don’t want to put it down. I am going to go with “just so dang good”. Because it is. I am happily calling this one of my most favorite series ever and I am just halfway through. With the way each book is headed, I can easily assume it will continue to best the previous one. But as I start book 4, I am wondering if I should slow my pace to prolong the ending from coming. I am scared to be done with this series before I am even done!! Ahhh!!

THE GIRL WHO KICKED A** seriously kicked a lot of a** throughout the book. The story, the romance, the tears...it was absolutely everything!! 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment