November 24, 2017

5* Review: ETIENNE by Ever Coming & Lila Grey #NowLive

Title: Etienne

Author: Ever Coming & Lila Grey

Source: eARC from authors for review



Amazon…

Deep in the heart of the Louisiana bayou lurks danger … and love.
Welcome to Shotgun Row, far away from Mardi Gras and the French Quarter. Down here, gators aren’t the most terrifying thing to prowl the shadows, hunting their next prey.
And some of them turn back to humans when the tourists aren’t looking.

None of them have found a mate. Their beasts are too fierce. Their manners too gnarly. Their rush to violence too vengeful and swift.

Then Tansy moves into town, taking over her grandmother’s bakery. Etienne knows there’s something special about this latest addition to the motley crew of Shotgun Row. And he’s determined to learn everything he can about her, no matter what it takes.

This gator-shifter might have just found his match.


My take…

I inhaled ETIENNE from start to finish and couldn’t get enough of the story it told and the characters it gave to us. I loved each one of these fun and fascinating people so very much and found them to be like old friends. Just like my friends I grew up with. Just one of the reasons I fell hard for this book.

Even better was Tansy. I felt she was able to truly be herself now that she was settled into her new home in Juneau and able to let go of her past a little bit at a time. She was home now and her personality grew, especially with Etienne. There was something about the two of them together that was magical and full. They definitely brought out the best in each other.

And I adored Etienne and his friends. They were a bunch of foul mouth heathens but in the best possible way. They were family. But what I loved best about them was that they looked out for one another and those in their town. They have huge hearts...but that mouth!

This story was a quick and entertaining read. More so than I was ever expecting. I quickly became enamored with it’s charm and eagerly read until I was done. Closing the book I was left with a smile on my face and a need for more. I cannot wait to see what comes next for these misfits and the trouble that is headed to town. 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment