November 25, 2017

5*Read: FRENZY by Casey L Bond #MustRead #Zombies #Vampires

Title: FRENZY

Author: Casey L Bond

Source: kindle copy




Goodreads…

After the world was ravaged by a viral apocalypse, Blackwater is one of the only colonies that remains. The survivors came together to create this safe haven. Nestled between a fierce river and a city’s flood wall, the well-being of its residents hangs on a long-established treaty with the night-walkers. Sounds simple enough, but lately, the people of Blackwater have been dying, and the humans believe the night-walkers are to blame.

Porschia Grant starves for more than her parents’ affection. Forced to enter the rotation, she will be given extra food rations in exchange for becoming a vampire’s breakfast and dinner for a week. The rotation has an extra responsibility as well: leave the colony and enter the dangerous forest to hunt for food. A night-walker will protect the hunters from the infected that roam the woods. But with the treaty hanging in the balance and tension between the humans and vampires rising, anything could happen in the darkness.

What would you do if your only chance at survival might kill you?


My take…

After finishing RICHES TO RAGS I was in the mood for more of Bond’s great writing and fantastic storytelling. So when I remembered I had FRENZY on my kindle I quickly tracked it down and started on a marvelous adventure. I mean, it has not only vampires...but zombies as well. My favorites!!

I quickly and ravenously took in this book. I was reading at any spare moment I could find. When I finished I was kicking myself for not renewing my KU subscription late last night. I would have loved to have started in on it immediately. That is now being rectified as we speak. I have to know what happens next.

I was absolutely digging Roman in this book. And he is one of those characters that I am not sure I am supposed to like  or not. He is a bad guy per the colonies thinking since he is a vampire. But he also comes off as a really good guy when he is around Porschia. At least I think so. There is some parts towards the end that has me even questioning all I had read prior.  AHHH! I am so confused on how I should feel about him.

This was one heck of a read and I am about to start in on the next in the series tonight. I absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys apocalyptic/vampire/ zombie’ish stories. I know I do and proved it with how quickly I devoured it. It had me up late  with it’s amazing plot and on the edge of my seat with that ending. 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment